Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Silhouette Lilacs

Hey everyone - another Twofer Challenge started October 10th and I've been eager to play along with the theme of Silhouettes! For Twofer you make two cards - distinctly different designs, for two separate occasions and using a stamp, die or stencil in common. My cards today feature a lilac stamp; here's my twofer:


Funny how I've been wishing for a lilac stamp when I've had one in a Unity Stamp cling set purchased ages ago. Tried to remember when but think it's been close to 10 years. The package was still sealed and the red rubber stamps all connected - had to break them apart to use!! Since I had cream and gold supplies out from Sunday's card, I made one of my twofers using that color scheme to also fit at the Color Hues Challenge. Here's a closer look with supply list:


Supplies: Paper - Ms Sparkle & Co A2 card;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Stamps - Unity Stamps Moments in Bloom;
Lawn Fawn Sophie's Sentiments (retired)
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints 13 (retired)
Other - Hero Arts ink; Dusty Concord & Spun Sugar Distress Inks;
May Arts ribbon; Crystal Stickles

I stamped the lilacs repeatedly across a panel of Neenah, then die cut it with a stitched rectangle. Shaded with Spun Sugar (the applicator has some residual lavender which was fine with me) and stamped the sentiment. Tied ribbon around it and adhered to card. Added Stickles to the lilacs in little dots which don't show up in the photo very well. Done!


Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio Ivory;
Spellbinders gold metallic
Stamps - Unity Stamps Moments in Bloom;
Paper Smooches Salutations (NLIB)
Dies - Spellbinders Petite Labels One (retired);
Other - Distress Embossing Ink; Princess Gold ep

For this one I stamped the lilac cluster once and embossed with gold. Then I die cut it with an oval & layered with an offset oval of gold metallic. Adhered to A2 card. Stamped and gold embossed the sentiment then die cut with a label and adhered below the oval - done!

I'll also add this to Darnell's NBUS challenge since my poor lilacs are finally seeing the light of day here!! What would I do without this challenge?? Thanks for the fun challenges to all hosts and thanks to you for visiting!! Happy crafting!!




 


17 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous cards Linda, great to find an older stamp that you haven't used.

Betty said...

two perfect cards for the challenges, Linda - love the coordination of lilac stamp and lilac color - gold and cream card so elegant.

Cindy C. said...

Lovely creations for the challenges!!

crafty-stamper said...

Love the stamp and it made two beautiful but very different cards
Carol x

Rosemary said...

beautiful set of cards, linda! that stamp is so perfect for both designs!

Viv said...

Two lovely cards - and a great stamp Linda!

Darnell said...

You're going to get kicked out the Midwesterner's Club for not using that beautiful lilac stamp until now, Linda!! Gosh, your designs are both so pretty and bring back such happy memories of the lilacs we would get in the summer. The scent is like none other! I tried standing on my head without success ... but it seems like it would look great with the flowers hanging down, too. Love that versatility! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #32 and thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

aussie aNNie said...

Wonderful card with lots of details and lovely designing. ♥
Robot really dislikes me....grrr

Dawn T said...

so beautiful Linda. Love the way the cards looks so different but use the same stamp. Love the soft lilac and pink one and the gold one is so elegant and heartfelt.

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely cards, Linda. What a great find in your stash, Jo x

Anita in France said...

Your row of soft lilacs are just lovely on your birthday card, Linda ... the subtle pink blending and delicate ribbon add beautifully to the dreaminess of this design! How rich and shimmery are the gold embossed lilacs in the oval frame ... simple and elegant ... perfect for a condolence card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

Cindy Beach said...

Such beautiful cards, Linda. I love re-discovering stamps in my stash and so glad you found this one! The gold embossing and oval frame make the gorgeous images really stand out. Thanks for the two-fer play with us at Color Hues!

Trina P. said...

10 years?!!! I think you win for having the oldest NBUS! At least you’ve put it to great use right away with these lovely twofers.

Greta said...

2 lovely cards, Linda! Bet you'll be using the lilacs now that you finally opened the package! I'm sure I have some stamps that are also that old & still unused. Clearly I've bought way more than I needed over the years--haha!

Jean said...

Wonderful cards to highlight the silhouette image!

Happy Dance said...

Those lilacs are gorgeous, Linda! So glad you found this stamp in your stash. The image looks so beautiful in the lilac colors, as well as in gold. It's so cool how one image can be utilized for two very different occasions - you've rocked it. Thank you for joining us at The Twofer Challenge. Stay safe. Bev

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely cards! I really like the purple and your great designs!