Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, February 19, 2024

One 3D and one regular Embossing Folder

It's Monday & time for more inspiration from Darnell (djkarkreations) who has dedicated her Monday posts to cards using the acronym IDEAS. We're invited to join her! This week she's doing E for Embossing Folders and I have plenty of those!!


Supplies: Paper - Bazzill A2 card; Hero Arts Pitch Black; 
My Favorite Things Colorful CanvasNeenah Solar White
Embossing Folder - Spellbinders Mushroom Harvest (3EOM Sept23)
Stamps with Dies - Hero Arts Friendly Messages Bundle;
My Favorite Things Hangining with My Gnomies (retired)
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set;
Hero Arts January 2024 My Monthly Hero Premium Kit 
(heart die - also in the Classic Kit);
Spellbinders Stitched for You (DOML May22)
Other - Copic Markers; foam tape


After all the celebrating last week, I needed some thank you cards. Card one was inspired by a little plush gnome doll a friend gave me; I thought she'd get a kick out of me using gnomes on her thank you card. Had to buy the cute MFT gnomies when offered but hadn't even used them until now - sad! I used a 3D mushroom embossing folder that I couldn't remember using until I did a search on my blog; found it used once - on my fairy card, oops. I was thinking Darnell's IDEAS could be just for NBUS; but no, Darnell confirmed in her post today that your stuff can be either NBUS or previously used - just use it! 

I went ahead and found an NBUS embossing folder anyway and used it on another thank you card. I'd already die cut the heart so embossed it using a Spellbinders folder that came in the Nov 2023 box. Poor thing hadn't seen the light of day until now. I enhanced the embossing by running a pink ink pad over the raised bits - really love the look of the embossed dotted paper.


Supplies: Paper - Michael's A2 card; Authentique wood plank;
BoBunny Dotted; Neenah White; Hero Arts Pitch Black
Embossing Folder - Spellbinders - Meandering Floral (EOM Nov23)
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set;
Hero Arts January 2024 My Monthly Hero Premium Kit 
(heart die - also in the Classic Kit);
Birch Press Design Big Thanks Sugar Script
Other - Copic Markers; Hero Art Ultra Pink ink

The sweet kitty image came stamped from Gundi (papierelle) in my birthday card last week. Thanks again, Gundi!! I spent the weekend coloring & fussy cutting all the images she sent while I was watching television. You'll see cards using more of them in the future. The "thanks" (a fave BPD sugar script font) was die cut from heavyweight Neenah 3 times and stacked for dimension, then shadowed with a cut of black. This card is going to my former quartet lead who gave me an "insta-cake" on my birthday. Just mix & bake in the microwave for a minute, cool, frost, then add the sprinkles & candle - so funny! I finally made it on Saturday - belated, but I had cake!

I'll go ahead & add card one to Darnell's February NBUS Challenge since the gnome stamps/dies were newly used. I'll link card two to Diane and Darlene's current Can You Handle the Pressure? which is anything goes with the twist of red &/or pink.

Thanks for stopping by & happy crafting! I'm off to finish the card insides but no hurry today since no post on President's Day (remind me not to check the mailbox - lol).





10 comments:

Jean said...

Both of these are absolutely delightful! Fun and effective combinations of backgrounds and focal items.

Rosemary said...

Fun set of thank you cards, Linda. Those little gnomes are too sweet and look perfect with the embossing folder. Love the little kitty popping out of the cake. So fun!

HilaryJane said...

Great cards Linda. Love the gnome one best. Well done for colouring and using that image from Gundi so quickly xx

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous cards, Linda! I love that little kitty, Jo x

Lisa Elton said...

Two delightful cards, Linda! I don't think I've ever seen the mushrooms folder, it's cute! I think I saw a real life gnome walking into the grocery store today. Long white beard, baggy pants and a little pointy stocking cap!

Dawn T said...

Such gorgeous cards Linda. Really fabulous. I have sooo many folders so I need to look into this challenge.

Cat Craig said...

Great use of Darnells weekly inspiriation.

papierelle said...

I'm in love with your cards, especially with the second card... ;-)
And both cards fits perfect for the current challenge at DotMCC. Hugs Gundi

Angelnorth said...

These are great Linda — I love the mushroom folder as a background for your cute gnomes and the polka dot heart looks fabulous!

Greta said...

Cute cards!