Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, February 29, 2024

Last Day for Non-traditional Valentines at Die Cut Divas!

Hey there - leap year so an extra day to play in our February Die Cut Divas Challenge! I'm part of the end of month post providing some inspiration & we hope you'll enter by 9pm PST today. Our wonderful sponsor this month is Hero Arts who generously donated a $25 giftcard for our random winner. Here's the non-traditional Valentine card I'm sharing:

Supplies: Paper - Bazzill A2 card; Neenah white;
My Favorite Things Colorful Canvas & Floor to Ceiling
Stamps - Hero Arts So Sweet (retired)
Stamps with Dies - Hero Arts Berry Basket Bundle
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
Other - Copic Markers; Hero Arts Sparkle Lacquer


I had to include some red for realistic strawberries and cherries, otherwise I stayed away from red/pink. And no hearts anywhere. The "Happy Valentine's Day" sentiment was stamped inside. This one went to our Queen Mum, Mother Mary who met me on my Valentine birthday along with daughter Heidi (my former quartet lead) and dear friend/sister by choice, Connie. We had a delicious lunch at Patrick's Bakery, located right inside a Bachman's Garden Center - so fun to be among the birds and flowers.


Ready for a bonus? Here's a sweet bear with cub for another non-traditional Valentine:

Supplies: Paper - Bazzill A2 card; Neenah white;
Basic Grey Juniper Berry; Michael's green; scraps by unk
Stamps with Dies - Hero Arts Bear Hugs Stamp and Cut 
Dies - Hero Arts Bear Family;
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
Other - Copic Markers

There were bits of red in the patterned paper but I think it's pretty non-traditional to use Christmas paper on a Valentine! I'll add the bear pair to Darnell's February NBUS Challenge since the bears and trees were newly used on this card.

Thanks for stopping and hope to see you in the February Diva gallery!



11 comments:

papierelle said...

It's so easy to do and the effect and result are beautiful!!
And your bear card fits perfect for the current challenge at the Dream factory.
Dream Factory

Cat Craig said...

scrumptious berries, and sweet bears. Love seeing your group pic!

Trina P. said...

Two terrific non-traditional valentines inspirations.
Fabulous group photo… looks like it was a lot of fun.

Rosemary said...

Your non-traditional Valentine is berry sweet, Linda! The second card is just as sweet with the momma bear and cub.

Jean said...

Absolutely fantastic! Your outing sounds delightful.

HilaryJane said...

I agree, it is very non traditional to use Christmas paper on a valentines card.Both cards are great and I love those bright red strawberries. They look good enough to eat. Thanks for sharing the picture too xx

Lisa Elton said...

Two cute Valentine's Linda and a terrific group photo! Those smiles say it all!

Arlene said...

I do really love that wonderful basket of fruit so sweet. I like the "bear hugs" too. My grandfather gave the biggest bear hugs ever. Delightful!

Dawn T said...

Fantastic cards Linda. Just love the first one. Perfect non traditional Valentines. And your bears are very cute.

Angelnorth said...

I’m not sure I’d have even clocked the bits of red as “traditional” in any way! Two great Valentines for the non-mushy amongst us, who wouldn’t want a basket of fresh berries and/or a bear hug? Did you send out a memo to coordinate your wardrobes before meeting for lunch and plant browsing? Lovely group shot!

Greta said...

Creative, fun cards! What a great way to celebrate your BD!