Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, March 1, 2024

Pomegranate Thanks

Hi everyone - welcome! I'm back with a final thank you card for birthday gifts received last month. I didn't worry about being slow on this one since it'll go to my brother and his wife who are notoriously slow - lol. Wasn't sure what to do until I saw the current Just Us Girls Challenge #716 where you're to CASE one of the designers. 

I like to tell my friends Lin (Sending Hugs) and Jean (Right as Rain) that I'd never get to my Spellbinders boxes if it weren't for their inspiration. Now I have to add Bobby (Bits and Pieces) to that list! She made a gorgeous card using Spellbinders August 2023 Large Die of the Month. Here's my card inspired by Bobby:


Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 card;
My Favorite Things Colorful Canvas & many scraps
Dies - Spellbinders Blooming Pomegranate (DOML-AUG23);
Embossing folder - Spellbinders Arches & Dots (EOM-AUG23)
Other - Park Lane gold gems; foam tape

I thought I knew where the die set was - nope, not where I looked first...Instead I found the December 2023 box unopened (I blame the holidays). Second place I looked - success!! Box was opened but "unprocessed"; I like to put a magnet sheet on the brand info sheet for each set. Quickly did that, then worked to decide on papers for the pomegranate card. Since I had MFT's canvas pad out from other projects, I decided to emboss a greyish brown piece using a folder from the August 2023 box. First I cut the panel with a stitched rectangle, then embossed. Added it to an A2 card.

I loved the colors Bobby used on her flowers so went through the scraps drawers to find similar ones. My green branch is more olive than hers but I liked it against the background I chose. Die cut all the elements and assembled them while watching television yesterday - I felt so productive!! The set includes the thanks sentiment - handy! Note: after posting this, I went back and noticed that Bobby included five of the little white flowers on her card (mine are more cream colored). The die set cuts 4 in one pass but I decided I liked the fifth one so cut an extra and added it!! Just didn't take a new photo -lol. Luckily I had planned to write out and mail the card tomorrow so I had time for the addition!!

Thanks for the inspiration, Bobby!! I hope you enjoy my take on your card! Since my die set got first play here, I'll also link up to Darnell's March NBUS Challenge

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty day! I'll be back tomorrow with the usual 2nd of the month Card Chain Challenge Reveal. Note: can still sign up for the March Chain if you link up by the 6th.



15 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Hi Linda! Happy March! Thanks for your recent visit to my blog and your kind comment. Now YOU'VE inspired me with your pomegranate card. I have that kit and just tossed it on the side. I'll be working on it in between babysitting--haha! Hope you are well and I'll be visiting again. Don't you miss the "Hero days"??

Lisa Elton said...

This is a pretty take on Bobby's wonderful card, Linda! I like the textured background you've given the pomegranates. Thanks so much for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Angelnorth said...

That’s a lovely die cut set, may be too fiddly for me but you’ve done it proud and the rustic look of the canvas paper background suits it down to the ground! Reminds me I must finish up the pomegranate seeds in my fridge!

HilaryJane said...

Gorgeous card. Love the colours and the flowers. You have described the reason why I don't buy monthly kits. They would just pile up and overwhelm me! Glad you have used this one now xx

Jean said...

A terrific take on the products. Gorgeous color choices. And thanks so much for the shoutout!

Pia S said...

I love the colors of these fruits and blooms and the textured paper look in neutral color was a great choice too. A lovely card and I think this set can be used for many an occasion.

papierelle said...

I know pomegranates (very tasty), but I don't know exactly how they grow or what their flowers look like. Today I learned something again.

Bobby said...

I'm glad I inspired you to break your pomegranate die set out and make a card with it, Linda. You did a fantastic job CASEing my card and I love the colors and that fabulous burlap background. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Dotty Jo said...

Oooooooooooo, gorgeous colours and a beautiful make, Jo x

Darnell said...

What a wonderful CASE of Bobby's card, Linda! It looks like needlework to me, or felted? It has such amazing texture and that canvas/embossing works brilliantly for the background! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Greta said...

Those unique dies made for a lovely card!

Cat Craig said...

Isn't it lovely to be inspired by crafty friends? All your picks worked well together here. Especially love the background looks a bit like burlap with the bright diecuts.

Rosemary said...

Really lovely card, Linda.

Trina P. said...

Lovely card and CASE of Bobby’s card.

Carol said...

Beautiful CASe of Bobby's card. Those products look so good with the colors you used! Thank you for playig along with us this week at Just Us Girls!