Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Wonderful Panda

Welcome back, friends - I finally had time to finish a card for the current Day of Month Card Club Challenge celebrating National Panda Day. It's their 61st challenge and celebration of their 5th blog birthday - congrats!!


Supplies: Paper - Recollections A2 card; Neenah white & black;
scrap of purple Momenta watercolor print; 
Spellbinders Betterpress Porcelain; Tim Holtz Kraft Classic
Stamps with Dies - Hero Arts From the Vault Cute Animals
(dies retired at HA - HERE at Frantic Stamper);
Betterpress plate w/dies - Spellbinders You Are Everything Sentiments
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set

This card wasn't what I intended when the challenge was announced on March 7th! I was pretty set on using a fairly new Spellbinders die set but I haven't found it in the stash yet. I'm sure it's in a safe place...

Meanwhile, I'd found a sweet little panda stamp in a Hero Arts animal set to use - but with what?? Then on Friday, my March 2024 Hero Arts kit arrived with loads of stamps and dies that would work perfectly with the panda! I die cut a stitched rectangle with the fancy window die in the kit - see the hatched line texture? I ran it through the Platinum 6 with an embossing pad to impress it a bit more that I got from die cutting the window. 

Next I stamped the layered mountains and sun onto a scrap of purple paper. Adhered it to a black layer, then popped the window layer over it with foam tape. Added it to a white A2 card. Then I stamped three bamboo sprigs using 3 different inks & layered them along the left edge of the window. Added a stamped/die cut panda & a Betterpressed sentiment - done!!

I'll look for my panda die set later - need to finish up my Easter cards and get a Diva post ready for Thursday first! Since my MMH kit is newly used, I'll also add my card to Darnell's March NBUS Challenge.

Thanks for visiting & have a crafty day!!


11 comments:

Cat Craig said...

That circle window with the pattern gives an Asian feel to the card, perfect with the panda's.

Jean said...

The background texture and pattern work wonderfully with your focal panda. Very fun combination!

HilaryJane said...

Hope that panda turns up soon, but I am sure the one you used is just as nice. I really like that aperture die too. Very oriental looking xx

Lisa Elton said...

Love the window die cut and the cool pattern it has! Terrific card, Linda!

Dawn T said...

Just adorable Linda. Such a great card.

Rosemary said...

Fun card, Linda. Nice you were able to find products to work with that sweet little panda!

Loll said...

Beautiful card Linda. LOVE the gorgeous window with the mountain view. Perfect to go with your Panda and bamboo. xx

papierelle said...

You have created a beautiful panda world, really beautifully done. And I'm very happy that you accepted our challenge and thank you for showing the card and your congratulations. Gundi

Trina P. said...

You’ve combined the products perfectly. Great card.

ELFi said...

What a beautiful card, thanks for joining us at DotMCC!
11i

Rosmarie said...

Gorgeous card, Linda! Love the Asian feel that the circle cut-out gives. Thank you so much for playing along with our DotMCC challenge. Good luck with the giveaway! Rosi x
Dream Factory
DotMCC