Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, March 11, 2024

Healing Hugs

Happy Monday - hope you had a great weekend! Today I'm joining Darnell (djkardkreations) for her IDEAS project: 2nd Monday of the month so this week D = Dies/Die Cuts. Here's my take with everything except the sentiment & gingham strip being die cut!


Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 card; Lawn Fawn Fruit Salad Petite;
Graphic 45 Artisan Style; various scraps
Stamps - Altenew Inky Bouquet (sentiment)
Dies - Memory Box Plumed Gypsy Butterfly;
Spellbinders Blooming Pomegranate (DOML-AUG23);
Other - Hero Arts Grape Juice & Thistle inks

Caught up on some blog commenting this morning (including on Darnell's post) & was ready to do some die cutting! I need a card for a friend who broke her leg last week. Sweet Bonnie got knocked down by someone hurrying too much at work - freak accident, really. Luckily she could have surgery right away. We saw her the next day and she looked pretty good, though in pain. She has a long stint in rehab ahead of her so I'm planning a bunch of cards to cheer her up. 

I spotted a new-to-me Memory Box butterfly set on the craft table and decided to use it. Die cut the elements, stamped the sentiment on the label, and assembled on an A2 card with a gingham strip. Easy peasy! The leafy bits were cut from a scrap of smooshed green from last week's IDEAS card. The daisy, leaves & flower centers were cut with the Poppystamps set (see a pop-up card with it HERE) using a bunch of scraps. The small cream colored flowers were leftovers from my pomegranate card. Shaded the label with some Thistle ink.

I'm adding my card to Darnell's March NBUS Challenge since my butterfly set is newly used. 

That's it for today - thanks for stopping by!!



10 comments:

HilaryJane said...

those colours are gorgeous. This will definitely cheer up your friend. What an unlucky accident to have, I hope she makes a good recovery. Great use of your die cuts too xx

Trina P. said...

Delightful die cut card! The butterfly pops beautifully against that backdrop. Your friend will love it… wishing her a speedy recovery.

Jean said...

A lovely spring-y card for your friend's recovery.

Lisa Elton said...

So sorry to hear about your friend, Linda. This fancy butterfly is sure to cheer her up. Pretty card!

Cat Craig said...

Your friend will surely have a better recovery with your cards to cheer her on.

Dawn T said...

What a stunner Linda. That butterfly is so beautiful and lots of gorgeous die cuts.

papierelle said...

I'm really sure, your beautiful card will be a little help!!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--a broken leg from a fellow employee in a hurry?! That's awful! I know she'll be cheered up getting cards from you. Love the pretty butterfly on this one.

Rosemary said...

Fun card, Linda. I really like the mix of patterned papers you used. They really make the butterfly and flower pop!

Julia Aston said...

what a lovely card for your friend Linda! and what a horrible thing to happen to her! I'm sure she will appreciate this pretty card with the lovely die cut blooms and butterfly! Julia xx