Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, March 23, 2024

Panda Hugs

Hey everyone - I'm back with a second card for Day of Month Card Club Challenge 61 using the theme of National Panda Day. They're celebrating their 5th blog birthday too - woo hoo!!


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Solar White; Hero Arts Pitch Black;
scraps of lime and red; Spellbinders Betterpress Porcelain
Stamps - Inkadinkado Asian by Design (retired but found it on eBay HERE)
Stamps with Dies plus transfers - Hero Arts
Betterpress plate w/dies - Spellbinders Merry & Bright Sentiment Strips
Dies - Spellbinders Dancin' Birthday Panda &
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
Other - Memento Sky Blue and various Hero Arts green inks

I mentioned when I posted card one for this challenge that I was set on using a fairly new Spellbinders die set but I couldn't find it in the stash. Well, yesterday I was looking for another die set and there was the entire bundle I sought - yay! Such a cute bundle with the monsters and dinasaur too!! The panda was so easy to cut and assemble - you can make the body swing but he's just as adorable without it.

I still had the March 2024 Hero Arts kit on the table so I stamped/die cut a bamboo sprig for Mr. Panda. Die cut an arched label for him and found a Betterpress sentiment from the Christmas batch I did a while back. Next I stamped the Inkadinkado large bamboo three times on a stitched rectangle, changing ink colors and angles each time. Sponged some ink on the edges and added some rub-on Chinese characters. Adhered to an A2 card & added the label with panda - done!

I'll also link to Darnell's March NBUS Challenge since my panda got first play today.

Thanks for visiting & have a crafty day!!


 

9 comments:

!neke said...

Love your panda card !
groeten Ineke

Lisa Elton said...

Aww, he's a cute little fella and looks quite dapper in his string tie! Adorable card, Linda!

Trina P. said...

I knew this was the panda you were referring to in your previous panda card post. He’s so cute! The bamboo shoots are the perf3ct addition.

HilaryJane said...

I am so impressed by how you manage to enter the same challenge several times. I am lucky to make one entry. Your little panda card is well worth it though. I am glad you found that kit. Your card is great, love the green, pop of black and those wonderful panda eyes xx

Jean said...

An adorable card - lots of very special details! That Merry & Bright Sentiment Strips set is on my "must buy" list.

Dawn T said...

so adorable Linda. Such a cute panda

papierelle said...

Your panda is so cute and with his bow he looks really chic too!!!
Thanks for also featuring this card at DotMCC. Good luck!! Gundi

Greta said...

Super cute!

Izzy Scrap said...

OMG ! This little guy is so darn cute ! Love his bubbly eyes and the whole design is just gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing at DOTMCC (and sorry for the late comment).