Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, March 22, 2024

Birdie Slimline

TGIF everyone!! If you got snow like we did, I hope it's not impairing the start to your weekend!

Yesterday I die cut a bunch of things to assemble while watching some television. I picked a Spellbinders set I've used once before (only 2 years after release - lol) and decided to make something for the Just Us Girls #718  & Time Out #259 collaboration challenge "Birds of a Feather". One linky puts you into both challenges!


Supplies: Paper - Park Lane slimline card; 
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; 
Recollections black; loads of scraps
Stencils - Taylored Expressions Set the Scene - Clouds Stencil Strips
Dies - Spellbinders Sweet Birds on a Branch & unk slimline layer die;
Stamps - Hero Arts Chirp Stamp & Cut
Inks - Memento Summer Sky & Tuxedo Black

First I created a sky with a TE stencil on a 5.5x8.5 sheet of Neenah, then die cut it with a Spellbinders slimline rectangle layer (the die escaped from its set so I don't know which one it is...). Matted it with black and adhered to a gold slimline card. Die cut the birdies & leaves from a bunch of scraps. Used a kraft envelope as paper to die cut the branches & a leftover piece of black from the mat for the notes. I had found a birdie stamp set to use for this challenge but here I just used one of the sentiments. Assembled and done! This one will go to the chorus friend who broke her leg a few weeks ago.

Since I used a lot of scraps aka snippets, I'll also share at Snippet's Playground #476. Here's a photo of the snippets used on my birdies and leaves:


It's always fun to see the bits of other cards within the snippets! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a crafty weekend!!



15 comments:

HilaryJane said...

Such cheerful little birds, happily singing. They look great. I am glad you have now used that set again. Love your inked sky background too xx

Julia Aston said...

Oh how sweet are those little birds Linda, so happily tweeting their tune on the lovely branches high up in the clouds! The smaller images work wonderfully on a slim line card. Julia xx

Sarn said...

Very tweet and cheerful card!
Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground and for sharing a photo of you snippets too. See you up in the treehouse later. xxx

Jean said...

A very fun card to cheer up your friend!

Lisa Elton said...

This is sure to 'chirp' that friend of yours right up, it's adorable! So happy to spot this in our JUGs gallery, Linda!

Cat Craig said...

Linda, thats a great layout, and those birds are fabulous. Great use of the snippets.

Dawn T said...

Such sweet little birds Linda. What a lovely design on your slim line card.

Lin said...

These sweeties made me smile this morning, Linda! We've been having lousy weather here, too, though not much of that white stuff, just frigid overnights that are wreaking havoc with the daffodils and lenten roses, poor things. Come on spring!!

Trina P. said...

So tweet! The birds are adorable. I have this die set and still have not used it… shame on me. 🫣

papierelle said...

Your card is so sweet and lovely!! I can hear her singing.

Bobby said...

I can almost hear those birds singing, Linda. What a great scene you created for them. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Just Us Girls/Time Out collaboration challenge.

Loll said...

This is just the sweetest card Linda. LOVE your cloudy filled blue sky for the backdrop and they colourful birds singing their hearts out as spring is here! xx

Di said...

What an adorable card Linda - plenty of little snippets used there I see!

Hugs
Di xx

Greta said...

Totally delightful card that must have cheered up your friend! It's also perfect for our collaboration challenge at Time Out--glad to see you in the gallery. I'm behind again, but starting my catch up with this post.

Rosemary said...

Lovely slimline card, Linda! The multi colored birds are so fun!