Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, May 14, 2023

Happy Mother's Day!

Hi there - we're celebrating Mother's Day in the USA today. Still a sad day for me since my mom passed away just over a year ago - may she rest in peace!

I have a couple people left for whom I make a Mother's Day card. My mom's sister Carol (called Tia) and Queen Mum Mary (my friend & the mom to my former quartet's lead singer). I made the card below first, then made a very similar one for my second (won't share that one).


Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio pastel A2 card; various scraps, including
some ancient woodgrain papers from Target
Stencils - Taylored Expressions Set the Scene - Clouds Stencil Strips
Dies - Spellbinders Build a Spring Birdhouse &
Stamps - Hero Arts Holiday Planner Icons &
It's Your Day (both retired)
Inks - Memento Tuxedo Black, London Fog & Summer Sky
Other - Copics for shading bird and leaves; black gem

I love Vicki Papaioannou's (clips-n-cuts) style and was excited to get some of her Spellbinders dies when released. Am just using two of the sets for the first time - typical me...but I had fun with them! I used the TE cloud stencils for the first time too - no idea how long I've had them. I used a TE brush and blended some Memento inks for a dreamy sky on my pastel blue card base.

I will add my card to Darnell's May NBUS Challenge since the birdhouse and bird with branch/leaves dies and cloud stencil finally made it off my Mount NBUS.

Thanks for stopping and Happy Mother's Day to all mothers out there!!


12 comments:

Lin said...

What a cute card, Linda - darling birdhouse!

Jean said...

Fun color and texture choices for the birdhouse and bird!

HilaryJane said...

A little bird house works so well for a mothers day card. your little bird is so cute and your sky background is very impressive. Love it xx

Cat Craig said...

Linda, such a sweet scene for your Mother's Day card. Lovely.

Rosemary said...

Sweet Mother's day card, Linda!

Lisa Elton said...

What a sweet birdhouse! This is adorable, Linda!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous card Linda. A lovely Mother's Day card.

papierelle said...

A completely different Mother's Day card. I love it!!

Darnell said...

Wonderful sky, Linda! I can see why you wanted that wonderful textured bird, house, and branch! Nothing better than a momma bird near her babies for a meaningful Mother's Day card! Special hugs for you and thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Darnell

Dotty Jo said...

Your card is beautiful, Linda. Sending you love, Jo x

Bonnie Lynn said...

Beautiful! I love how your card turned out. I saw it over at NBUS and had to come tell you how pretty it is.

Greta said...

Always sad missing our moms on Mother's Day. I know your sweet birdhouse cards were appreciated! Wonderful background!