Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, May 19, 2023

Unusual Colors for Christmas - Gorgeous!

Hey there - I'm not posting too much these days but I had to remember to enter the May Christmas Kickstart Challenge. I missed the April one despite having stuff at my Dad's that would fit, oh well... This month Jo and her elf Gundi have a gorgeous color palette to use - right up my alley!!

Supplies: Paper - MFT vellum; Paper Studio solids & patterns;
BoBunny Double Dotted
Dies - Hero Arts Paper Layering Poinsettia &
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop;
Other - Recollections gems

Here's the inspiration photo and palette:


A couple of my shades may be a bit lighter than the inspiration photo but hopefully I came close enough. I have my favorite poinsettia die set available and thought it would be gorgeous in the challenge palette. Hard to see in the photo but there's a patterned grey paper behind the vellum oval. The background paper has a gold foil running through it but we'll call it a neutral. :)

Thanks for a fun challenge, Jo & Gundi!! Have a wonderful weekend and I hope you stop back on Sunday when I'll be sharing some inspiration for our May Die Cut Diva Challenge!!

I'm also linking up to A Blog Named Hero's May Dance of the Flowers Challenge. Any flowers are welcome - doesn't have to be Spring ones.

Happy crafting!






13 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Purple poinsettias! What a fun take on this challenge. Terrific card, Linda!

Dawn T said...

Stunning Linda. I'm a great purple lover but was struggling with the colours. You have totally nailed the brief. It's just awesome.

Dotty Jo said...

Wow and double wow! Linda, this is a beauty - I love it. What a fabulous way to use the colour palette. Thanks for playing along with Gundi and me, Jo x

Julia Aston said...

How fun to try unusual colors for Christmas Linda - your poinsettia's are beautiful in the shades of purple! You created a lovely background for them as well!

HilaryJane said...

Your card is spectacular. I think we should all make Christmas cards in this colour palette this year xx

Jean said...

Stunning combination - gorgeous color choices.

Cat Craig said...

WOW, that looks so fabulous...make more.

Rosemary said...

Wow! What a gorgeous Christmas card, Linda. I love the poinsettias in shades of purple.

Trina P. said...

Beautiful! Love non-traditional colour Christmas cards… love the challenge colour palette.

papierelle said...

Your card is stunning!!!! I love how you used the colors for the poinsettias. It doesn't come in this color combination, but wouldn't it be nice??
I am very happy that you are playing with Jo and me at the Kickstart Challenge. Gundi

Greta said...

Oh how beautiful--love this!

BreAnn L. said...

So beautiful!!

Karen L K said...

Such a pretty purple Christmas card! Love the flowers.