Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Purple Winter Gnome

Hi everyone! If you were celebrating, hope you had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! Dad wanted to go to Menards for some hanging baskets and citronella. Took him shopping, bought two of each and put them on the deck for him; they look so pretty! 

I was sorry to miss the April Christmas Kickstart Challenge, especially when I'd select a gnome to use. I decided to pop in with a second entry to the May Christmas Kickstart Challenge and use my gnome with the gorgeous May inspiration board/colors.

Supplies: Paper - Neenah white; Paper Studio Solids & A2 card;
Recollections Celestial Skies
Dies - Spellbinders Dancin' Gnome;
A Jillian Vance Designs Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set;
Lawn Fawn Mini Snowflakes,
Other - Copic Markers; foam tape


I was shopping at Michael's on Sunday with a coupon & got this 12x12 celestial print paper pad for free! Can't beat that!! Thought one page had all the colors to be a snowy background evoking the sky in the inspiration photo (die cut with a stitched rectangle). Another paper matched the ombre dots but was too blue... More of another page was used to cut some of the details on the gnome and stump; I added shading with some BV Copics. Here's a quick pic of the paper pad:


 I love to find paper pads with unusual patterns that are fun to fit into my projects! Next I die cut another stitched rectangle in white and cut into two Lawn Fawn snowy hills. The sentiment (from a new to me snowflake set) was stamped onto a LF label and added to the scene. Next I diecut a bunch of the bitty snowflakes in LF's Mini Snowflakes set to add to the celestial sky. Assembled and done!

Thanks again to Jo and elf Gundi for a fun color challenge! I'll add my card to Darnell's May NBUS Challenge since the gnome is getting first play, along with the sentiment. Note - I previously used the stump but figured I could add the card since I'm first using the gnome. :)

Happy crafting & thanks for stopping!!



8 comments:

Rosemary said...

Wonderful card, Linda. You really captured all the colors in the inspiration photo perfectly. Love that fun gnome! Congrats on getting that 12x12 pad of paper for free. That is quite the deal.

Lisa Elton said...

What a cutie patootie gnome he is! This is a delightful card, Linda!

Jeanne H said...

Great and fun card, Linda. So cute.

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous find, and you brought those colors to life.

papierelle said...

I'm so glad you're playing the Christmas Kickstart Challenge with Jo and I again and I love this card too. A particularly fun detail is that you put the gnome on a tree stump.

Cindy C. said...

Love how you used the colors on this fun card!

Jean said...

A wonderful combination - that background paper is very impactful!

Dotty Jo said...

Happy Winter indeed! Love your little gnomie guy in his purple clothes. Thanks for playing again at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x