Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, May 22, 2023

Pair of Birthday cards plus more poinsettias...

Happy Monday! Hope you had as productive a weekend as I did! I'll get to those cards in a bit, but first, a couple of May birthday cards - one sent to my friend Heather (Stamping and Stitching) and one to another friend Betty (created by bjk). Each reported receiving her card timely - yay! First up, Heather's card:


Supplies: Paper - Lawn Fawn patterned (retired)
Paper Studio pastel A2 card; Neenah white
Stamps with dies - Unity Many More Birthdays (die not available)
Dies - Hero Arts Delicate Butterfly &
Other - Paper Studio gems

Heather loves blue so I went that route, adding some grey & yellow to coordinated with the Lawn Fawn pp. Next, Betty's card - filled with a cuts from a Spellbinders flowers set which I used for the first time (adding to Darnell's May NBUS Challenge for that reason):


Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 Card; BoBunny Double Dot;
various solid, watercolored and patterned scraps;
Neenah black & white; Tim Holtz gold metallic
Dies - Hero Arts Nesting Ovals Infinity Dies;
Spellbinders Be Bold Blooms &
Layered Mix and Match Sentiments (retired)
Other - Copic markers; Hero Arts Sparkle clear lacquer

I had fun die cutting and assembling these flowers, adding some Copic details here and there. I decided against adding gems or pearls on the dotted background but popped a pair of dragonflies on there instead. Was very happy with the look. 

Last Friday I made a poinsettia card for the current Christmas Kickstart Challenge & my friend Cat (Cat Luvs Paper) suggested I make more. Between loads of laundry yesterday, I did just that & churned out another pair. Same supplies as the previous card. If you care to, let me know which of the three poinsettia cards you like best. Of course, my fave is the purple one! :) Note: the oval at right plus the flower centers are from TH bronze metallic cardstock - just reads more orange in the photo... The solid petals of the flowers are more red in real life too - the photo reads salmon, oh well. The patterned paper in the background is a gorgeous watercolor printed 12x12 paper with foil and splatter accents - so pretty in many fun shades and I got it 40% off at Hobby Lobby last week! I used a page with yellows and oranges for the flowers at left. Couple more cards for the Christmas stash which I definitely need!!


That's it for today, friends! Thanks for stopping by!!


11 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Linda, I just came from NBUS where I saw your flower card. It prompted me to come over for a closer look and what a treat it has been! This post is loaded with beauty! I do really love your Spellbinders flowers, but also your other birthday card and the fabulous poinsettia Christmas cards. I'm going to keep on scrolling for more if you don't mind. Have a wonderful day!

Cat Craig said...

Linda, your flower cards are fab, love those abundant bundles of blooms. I am so glad you made more of the poinsettia cards. I love them all the purple and the left (yellowish tones) are my favorites.

Jean said...

Wow - I want some of your energy! Four fantastic cards! The Christmas cards are stunning with those colors.

Lisa Elton said...

These are all fabulous Linda! Love the itty bitty dragonflies on the second one!

Dawn T said...

WOW - Heather and Betty's card are both so awesome and pretty. And wowzer - just love those poinsettia cards. Such a neat design. Although purple is a big favourite for me, I fell in love with the yellow/orange one. It's so pretty.

HilaryJane said...

These are al really special cards. You are on a roll and well done for making more of those amazing poinsettia cards they are stunning too xx

papierelle said...

Wow!! What can I say? All the cards are so beautiful again and I love how you work with the awesome dies every time.

Pia S said...

I love the first card for its butterfly detail and the fantastic color combination grey, blue and yellow. It looks smashing! But the second card also looks beautiful with its bold and cheerful colors and super clustering of flowers.
This time of year I’m normally at least halfway finished with my Christmas cards, but not this year, I haven’t had much time for hobbies, but come summer I hope it will change. I think your poinsettias cards are lovely. I also try and make more than one card, in general I’m almost most happy with my first one.

Rosemary said...

another amazing set of cards, linda. each one is so lovely, but i'm a bit partial to the cards with the poinsettias as they are simply fabulous!

Greta said...

Beautifully cheerful BD cards I know were appreciated! Always love poinsettias & fun to see them in various colors!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful cards. Love the Spellbinders birthday card but also the lovely poinsettia cards - the yellow one is my favorite but I do like the purple one. TFS