Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, May 21, 2023

Diva Tic-Tac-Toe, Anyone?

Hello everyone - I hope you're enjoying May! It's my day to post at Die Cut Divas for some inspiration. We Divas are having loads of fun with a Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge. We're using products available at Frantic Stamper, our May sponsor, but you can use any supplies. Just remember to include a die cut or embossing folder & use a row from the board in your design. Hope to see your card in our gallery!


 Supplies: Paper - Neenah White; Paper Studio Brights;
BoBunny patterned; Tim Holtz metallic; MFT vellum
Stamps - Hero Arts Abstract Butterfly Wing Background
(available HERE at Frantic Stamper)
Stamps with Dies - Hero Arts Beautiful Butterflies Bundle
  (HERE at Frantic Stamper) & 
Dies - Hero Arts Nesting Circle Infinity Dies &
Other - Darice sequin; Hero Arts & Memento inks



I chose the bottom horizonal row from the board because I wanted to use bling and butterflies! Frantic Stamper carries a wonderful selection of butterfly items, including all the latest from Hero Arts as well as some hard-to-find oldies. I went with stamps from Hero's February release - a background cling stamp that I hadn't used until now, plus a butterfly clear set with coordinating dies. I stamped the butterflies on patterned paper, a popular technique for many years (see an example from 2010 before I began blogging HERE). Most of the time when I use a butterfly image, it gets bling of some sort - usually gems - but this time I popped a sequin on it.

I stamped the background in black ink and blended orange and yellow inks over it. Die cut it with a stitched rectangle and glued to an A2 card. Stamped the butterfly on patterned paper and the sentiment on white paper, then die cut. Die cut a circle from metallic card and a bigger one from vellum. Assembled and added a sequin to the butterfly. Done!

And here's a bonus using a Frantic Stamper brand flower die and the top horizontal tic-tac-toe row. I interpreted "chocolate" to be a brown color and stenciled with it. 


Supplies: Paper - Neenah white; scrap of brown;
Paper Studio pastel A2 card; Bazzill green
Stamps - Frantic Stamper Spring Bold Sentiments
(coordinating dies HERE)
Hero Arts From the Vault Cute Animals
(Here at Frantic Stamper; coordinating dies HERE)
Dies - Frantic Stamper Botanical Daffodils;
Hero Arts Thorn Tree and Grasses (Here at Frantic Stamper)
Stencils - Hero Arts Stripe (Here at Frantic Stamper)
Inks - Hero Arts Tangerine and Memento Rich Cocoa & Tuxedo Black
Other - Copic Markers; Hero Arts Sparkle Lacquer; foam tape

I took a pastel blue A2 card and stenciled some stripes in brown on the left edge, shifted the angle & did a few more, then a third angle lightly with orange. I die cut two of the FS daffodils (love these so much!) and colored with Copics. Stamped a bee from Cute Animals, colored with Copics & die cut. Added sparkle lacquer to the wings. Stamped and die cut the sentiment, plus two layers of white for dimension and a brown shadow layer. The Hero Arts Thorn Tree and Grasses die set is another oldie but goodie that's still available at Frantic Stamper - love this set! I cut two layers of grass and put one set of daffodils behind each & layered. Some flowers were popped up with foam tape. Assembled & done!

I will add the butterfly card to Darnell's May NBUS Challenge since the abstract background is new.

Thanks for stopping and have a crafty day!



11 comments:

Dawn T said...

Two beautiful cards Linda. It's been a fun challenge this month. Always fun to use Tic-tac-toe to kick start card making. Love both of your cards.

Michelle N. said...

Both cards are just stunning! Love the way both cards are colored. Great job!

Jean said...

Two terrific spring-themed cards. The butterfly background on the first card is really effective!

Rosemary said...

Two gorgeous cards, Linda. I'm a bit more partial to the second one as I love daffodils!

Arlene said...

WOW and WOW! I didn't think of chocolate as a color until a couple days ago. LOL

You nailed these cards - love that first card - everything is perfect - loving those colors. That second card would make anyone happy! It makes me happy just looking at it. It even has a happy bee.

Lisa Elton said...

Two pretty cards, Linda! I like the orange you used on both of them!

Trina P. said...

Two lovely cards. I struggle with orange, so am always so impressed when others use it so effortlessly as shown in your butterfly card.

papierelle said...

What a lovely idea to use the butterfly wing pattern as a background!!!

Cindy C. said...

Love the happy colors on the butterfly card. And it is always fun to come see the bonus card!!

Cat Craig said...

Two stunning cards Linda, those yellows and oranges in both cards just pop out.

Greta said...

Unique & beautiful butterfly card! Love the sweet floral card, too!