Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, May 2, 2023

April 2023 Card Chain Challenge Reveal

Hi all - Can't believe it's May 2nd already - April flew and we're finally well into spring! I'm popping in today to share my card for the April Card Chain Challenge. Twenty-eight people participated & you can see the entire reveal HERE.

My card went to the amazing Jo (Jo Blogs) in the UK. Jo brightens our lives every month with several challenge blogs in addition to the Card Chain, including one of my favorites - Christmas Kickstart.

Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 card;
Lawn Fawn & BoBunny patterned papers; scraps of black
Stamp - Hero Arts Friendship Messages (retired)
Dies - Spellbinders Thanks Enclosed Sentiments
My Favorite Things Sunflower Wreath
Other - Studio G gems

We had the following options for our April designs:

Color Palette Option

Sketch Option

Theme Options: Spring / Umbrellas / Friendship

Product / Technique Options:  Brads / Paper Piecing

Once again I've used the colors and sketch with the theme of friendship. I also did a bit of paper piecing. My initial thought was just to draw black lines on my card base to mimic the sketch. Then I spotted the paper piecing technique and decided to use some patterned papers. I took a piece of floral paper and drew black lines as on the sketch, then carefully trimmed out the two diamond-y shapes. I used the floral top corner piece to cut a similar shape from the dotted paper. I trimmed a couple thin black strips to cover the joining spots. The cute little flowers came from an MFT set I bought last fall but hadn't had the chance to use until now. Finally - a design that came out exactly as I envisioned.

**Update 05/14/23** I received the card dear Marianne (Marianne's cards 'n stuff) sent from Greece. Such a beauty with the stenciled flower spray and background - love it!! Marianne also sent some extra flowers for me to use - can't wait! Thanks Marianne!!




And a bonus - here's the card I made using the balance of the 4.25 x 5.5" paper I had used to trim out my CCC card shapes. The sentiment is another one from the same Spellbinders set - love this set! Had to laugh - I glued the happy down, only to realize I had to put the birthday at an angle for it to fit. Oh well...



That's it, friends! If you care to join the May chain, the sign-up is available until 5/6 - check it out HERE. You only need to make & send one card, then receive a lovely handmade card - so fun!!

Thanks for stopping & happy crafting!!


13 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Linda, I feel so lucky to be the recipient of your beautiful card! Thanks for your friendship and your support of mine and Gail's crafting endeavours. Big hugs, Jo x

Lin said...

What a fun sketch, Linda! Love your takes on it!

HilaryJane said...

Oh well indeed, we only know that was an error because you told us. I would never have thought anything of it otherwise. Both cards are great. those colours make everything look so happy and I love how you have used that patterned paper with the sketch. Great to have ended up with 2 cards too xx

Jean said...

Wonderful spring-themed greetings! Great paper and color choices for that design.

Julia Aston said...

Two wonderful cards using this month's sketch Linda - Love the little flowers and enamel dots you added to the first one! Great use of the colors too! Julia xx

Angelnorth said...

A really happy, sunny card for Jo and a bonus card to boot — fab use of the sketch and colours Linda!

crafty-stamper said...

Both beautiful cards and love the P.papers
Carol x

Viv said...

These cards are brimming with happiness Linda!
And you nailed the sketch and colour combo. Great makes. x

Rosemary said...

you always make such wonderful cards with the ccc sketch and colors, linda and the two cards you made an no exception. just fabulous!

Lisa Elton said...

You nailed the sketch, Linda these are fantastic!

papierelle said...

A simple, but also very beautiful card and it's really great that you made a second card with the leftovers!!

Robyn Oliver said...

Fabulous cards Linda...really striking using the layout and colours

Greta said...

Fun cards using the CCC sketch!