Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, April 30, 2023

Last Day for Watercoloring at Die Cut Divas

Hi everyone - hope all is well with you! Today I'm providing inspiration with the end of month team over at Die Cut Divas. It's the last day for our Water Color Challenge with the amazing Altenew as our sponsor. You have until 9pm Pacific Time to enter. 

We will select a random winner from eligible April entries & Altenew will give that winner an Artists' Watercolor 24 Pan Set!! Here's my card:

Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio A2 card; Tim Holtz kraft metallic
and Distress Watercolor paper; BoBunny patterned;Neenah white
Dies - Altenew Charming FoliageBitty Bloom,
Stamps - Hero Arts Wisteria (sentiment)

 

Process: Apply watercolors to watercolor paper, let dry.
Die cut flowers and leaves, then assemble.
Die cut doily & a panel of patterned paper.
Stamp a sentiment on a thin strip.
Assemble elements on card.

Here's a photo of the panels I watercolored & used to cut flowers and leaves:


Now for a bonus card using a panel from Altenew's fabulous Florals Coloring Book and Watercolor Bundle. The sentiment is from Creative Expressions:


Thanks for stopping and happy crafting!

10 comments:

Dawn T said...

WOW... that rose is stunning Linda. Love the way you watercoloured your paper before die cutting. And what a beautiful watercoloured page.

papierelle said...

Your first card looks very noble and your second card is just beautiful!!! Great coloring!!!

Jean said...

Lovely watercoloring! It's great to see the paper from which you cut the items.

HilaryJane said...

So sorry I have missed a few, I have been quite distracted recently and keep losing time. You have posted some lovely cards and I am enjoying the watercolour look. Those backgrounds are stunning xx

Cat Craig said...

Great technique Linda, so pretty and soft on the coloring. I liked seeing the panels you started with.

Arlene said...

I love both cards. The first one is more formal, colors more subdued, but intriguing - love it. The second card is whimsical and casual. I love it too. LOL

Lisa Elton said...

These are beautiful, Linda! I like the way you layered the fancy elements on the first one and the colors are wonderful on the second!

Pia S said...

The shades of colors make the die cut flowers and leaves look so lovely. Elegant design! As for your second card, what a gorgeous image and you did a great job coloring it.

Rosemary said...

another lovely set of cards, linda. love the watercoloring on the second one. so pretty!

Greta said...

Beautifully artistic cards!