Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, April 9, 2023

Easter & Birthday Wishes!

Warm Easter Wishes to those celebrating! It seems we'll finally have a lovely spring day today - yay!

I send very few Easter cards but thought I'd share a few of the designs I made this year:




I really enjoyed playing with the stamps from the Spellbinders February Club (don't see them on the Spellbinders site for separate purchase), Aren't those bunnies just the cutest?! The embossed white background on cards one and two were trimmed off some Michael's brand handmade paper. The pierced pattern on card three was from a Memory Box freebie in a UK magazine (love those freebies!). Colored the images with Copics and either die cut or fussy cut. 

Next I paired some Penny Black chicks with a darling duck that my friend Gundi (papierelle) sent me (along with some other fun diecuts and this cute card). Thanks Gundi!!

Supplies: Stamps - Penny Black Garden Friends
Frantic Stamper Spring Bold Sentiments (with matching die)

Non-Easter Bonus - a birthday card for my brother. His birthday's today so we're celebrating twice! My sister-in-law made a delicious chocolate birthday cake for the family to enjoy after Easter dinner - yum! My brother enjoys Monster Truck events and drives a jumbo white pickup truck. I think he'll like this card.

Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 card; 
Authentique & Basic Grey patterns
Stamps - Unity Many More Birthdays (with matching die)
Hero Arts CL478 Going (retired)
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop

Sorry I haven't been posting much - I've been helping my dad & getting ready for two chorus events. Busy, busy! Hope to get back to posting & commenting more soon!!

Since the Spellbinders set got first play here, I'll add to Darnell's April NBUS Challenge.

Have a wonderful day & happy crafting!



13 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Great set of Easter cards, love that little stack of PB chicks and the bunnies are cute (unlike the ones currently digging up our lawn — they’re just annoying!). Happy birthday to your brother, great guy card for him!

Pia S said...

Your Easter cards are all so cute.The first two have a sweet mix of colors and great texture. The third is elegant with that partially die cut and pierced background.The 4th is a fun and cheerful design. And if you ask me you are spot on with the card for your brother. Hope you are having a lovely Easter.

Trina P. said...

Happy Easter to you and happy birthday to your brother!… sounds like a fun filled day of celebrations!
Your Easter cards are adorable and the birthday card is perfect for your monster truck loving brother.

Cat Craig said...

Happy Easter! Lovely collection.

Darnell said...

That bunny is so cute, Linda, and so is the duck that Gundi sent to you. You have created wonderful designs to showcase them! And I'm sure your brother will be stoked to see you've showcased a white pickup truck to personalize his birthday card! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! (I'm happy to hear you had lovely Easter weather ... same here!) Hugs, Darnell

Dawn T said...

what gorgeous little bunnies Linda. And then those little chicks with the beautiful big one - too cute. And what a great card for your brother. The perfect card for him. Nice to hear the spring weather is coming your way.

ScrappyHorses said...

I saw your card over at NBUS and had to come over for a closer look! So cute!!

HilaryJane said...

What a great collection of cards. Those bunnies really are cute and I love that embossed background. Great card for your brother too. I am jealous of your chocolate cake! xx

Jean said...

Wonderful combinations of texture, focal images, and patterned paper!

Lisa Elton said...

Happy belated Easter, Linda! All of your cards are such a treat. I love the bunny in the pocket!

papierelle said...

Oh how cute all your Easter cards are and so happy!!! Luckily I don't have to name a favourite!!! And I am very happy that you like my little gifts.

Rosemary said...

super cute and sweet set of easter cards, linda. fabulous masculine birthday card.

Greta said...

Such sweet Easter cards & oh what an adorable duck! Love the embossed handmade paper! Perfect card for your brother!