Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, April 15, 2023

Hero Arts Spring Stamp Along 2023 - it's here!!

Hey everyone - I'm attending the online Hero Arts Spring Stamp Along 2023! Last night Libby Hickson (Libby's Little Addiction) from Hero Arts hosted a welcome event with Q&A's for four of the instructors. Today we enjoyed 5 classes - here are the cards I made:

Class one - Double Eclipse Butterfly with Lydia Fiedler (Understand Blue) along with a bonus card using leftover parts!


Supplies: Paper - Neenah White & black; TH Distress Watercolor
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
Stamps with Dies - Hero Arts Friendly Messages Bundle
Stencil - Hero Arts Petal Burst
Other - Hero Arts Liquid Watercolors Neon Brights Chartreuse

Class two - Wisteria Trellis with Mindy Eggen (Mindy Eggen Design) - love the layers of flowers on the trellis!! Mindy was inspired by Bibi Cameron's trellis video. Of course, being a purple lover, I put my purple layer at the front - Mindy's was further back.


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Stamps (with dies) - Hero Arts Wisteria Heroscape Bundle
Other - various HA and Distress inks

Class three - Bee Floral Window with Nichol Spohr. Gotta love the coordinating stencils! I've used this set before - go HERE if interested.


Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Canary & Clear Card; Neenah White
Dies - Hero Arts Bee Florals Window;
Stencils - Hero Arts Color Layering Bee Florals 
Other - Hero Arts Gold Hero Pearls & Sparkle Lacquer;
various HA and Distress inks; Versamark ink;
Taylored Expressions foam strips; white ep

Class four - White Daffodils with Daniel West (Del & Artie) - love the crisp white flowers! I used my daffodil die set before - go HERE if interested.

Supplies: Paper - Neenah White; Hero Arts Kiwi and Papaya
Dies - Hero Arts Daffodil
Stamps with Dies - Hero Arts Friendly Messages Bundle
Stencil - Hero Arts Petal Burst
Copic Markers to add color

Class five - Birthday Daffodils with Michelle Lupton (Handmade by Michelle) - gorgeous with blue background. The torn bits are popped up with foam tape for a shadow box effect.


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Stamps - Hero Arts Friendly Messages & Burlap Bold Prints
Other - Copic Markers R11, R21, R22, Y19;
Hero Arts Moss & Deep Ocean inks; Memento Danube Blue

The blue texture was described as "taco" stamping - fold the cling stamp and randomly stamp. So I did it that way (working ahead - oops) and got a lot of straight lines of burlap. When Michelle actually demo'd, she used "won-ton" stamping, kinda folding it into a bundle. I'll try that next time.

Fun set of classes and 5 more tomorrow! Thanks for visiting & happy crafting!!

9 comments:

Rosemary said...

amazing set of cards, linda! i really love the bee themed one. the depth and warmth of the yellows is so pretty!

Lisa Elton said...

Wow, Linda! Each one is as pretty as the next! Love the Class 2 card!

Dawn T said...

Looks like you certainly had fun stamping along with all the wonderful artists. Love all your cards - your daffodil cards are just delightful and I'm with you about purple so your trellis card with the purple flowers at the front spoke to me! The others are just as beautiful.

HilaryJane said...

Well you have been busy, what a fabulous collection of cards. You are very good to do the stamp alongs and keep up. I would just get stressed because I couldn't keep up, but maybe you do it in your own time later?
xx

Jean said...

Sounds like a fabulous class - your completed cards are stunning!

papierelle said...

I don't even know what to write because I'm so excited about every single card. And they all show how creative you are and how diverse your handicraft style is!!! Great!!!

Greta said...

You made so many beautiful cards by doing the HA event! I especially love the bee frame & the white daffodils!

Trina P. said...

More beautiful makes!

Pia S said...

Ah, they're just wonderful! And all of the designs would work for many different occasion.I do love the wisteria one and how you layered them. I agree on the purple, it's a color I love