Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, April 16, 2023

Hero Arts Spring Stamp Along 2023 - Day Two

Hey everyone - It's Day 2 of the online Hero Arts Spring Stamp Along 2023! We did 5 classes yesterday & 5 more today. Here are my versions of the class cards:


Class six - Dreamy Floral with Bees with Channin Pelletier (Crafts by Channin)! Stenciled on an A2 panel, then trimmed a bit off right & glued to A2 card. I added sparkle to the wings and a vellum shadow to the sentiment (stacked for dimension with extra white layers).


Supplies: Paper - Neenah White; vellum 
Stamps with Dies - Hero Arts Friendly Messages Bundle
Stencils - Hero Arts Color Layering Bee Florals 
Other - various HA and Distress inks; Hero Arts Sparkle Lacquer;
Copic Marker 100; white gel pen

Class seven - Wisteria Thank You with Jessica Frost-Ballas (All the Sparkle). Jessica's card had a few more wisteria layers on top of the vellum but I put most of mine behind - oops. Really liked how it turned out, though! I added a butterfly to draw the eye down to the wisteria behind. I used the sympathy sentiment because I suddenly needed a card for a friend whose sister passed away yesterday.


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; MFT vellum
Stamps (with dies) - Hero Arts Wisteria Heroscape Bundle &
Other - various HA and Distress inks; Copics on butterfly

Class eight - Neon Bee Florals with Kelly Taylor (You and Your Big Dreams). Time ran a bit short so I didn't add as much shading and dimension with my watercolors. Will probably go back in and do some later.


Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Arctic; Tim Holtz DI Watercolor;
Neenah Black
Stamps with Dies - Hero Arts Friendly Messages Bundle
Dies - Hero Arts Bee Florals Window;
Other - Hero Arts Liquid Watercolors Neon Brights Chartreuse
Yellow & Pink 
Versamark ink;  white ep; Copic BG11 & 100

Class nine - Hello Bee and Florals with Maria Willis (Card Bomb). Mixed media w/a watercolor background stamped randomly with "taco" stamping using a folded cling stamp. Did much better with it than I did yesterday! Rest of the elements are transfers (aka rub-ons) including the sentiment - so fun! My vellum is so thick I couldn't tear it by hand so used a torn paper die. :)


Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Arctic; MFT vellum
Tim Holtz DI Watercolor
Stamps - Hero Arts Burlap Bold Prints
Dies - My Favorite Things Torn Paper Edges
Other - Hero Arts Liquid Watercolors Neon Brights Chartreuse
Versamark ink with gold ep

Class ten - Delicate Butterflies with Jennifer McGuire (Jennifer McGuire Ink). One of my favorite card making gurus who I was fortunate to meet years ago at a ScrapFest at Mall of America - Jennifer offered a 2hr session despite being under the weather. Card at right is a fun fold so I included a top view photo.



 

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Stamps - Hero Arts Wisteria Heroscape (sentiments) & Burlap Bold Prints
Other - Hero Arts Ultra Pink, Paradise & Dusty Blue inks; 
Memento Daffodil & Tuxedo Black

Such a fun event - I enjoyed it thoroughly! Hilary asked on yesterday's post if I watch and do the cards later - NO! I faithfully do the homework (getting card bases and supplies ready, some minimal diecutting and the like). The rest I do right along with the instructors! Sometimes I have to rush which makes for an imperfect product but - hey - it's handmade! Then there's a :30 minute break til the next session (hour for lunchtime). I take a photo of my class card, edit it and upload to the event's Facebook group and also to a post in progress. I try to publish the post shortly after the event ends. I also try to clean up between classes. I know it's a lot but if one does fall behind, the replay can always be watched later. These events have a low cost and one can go ahead and use supplies on hand; you don't have to purchase the product package. I usually have most of stuff being used or I pick up anything I'm missing.

Thanks for visiting & happy crafting!! 

P.S. I'll be back with a post for Die Cut Divas on the 21st. Please check out our April Watercoloring Challenge - just be sure to include a diecut or embossing folder in your design. Card 8 from the Stamp Along would work perfectly!!

10 comments:

Dawn T said...

Oh my goodness... you are so clever to be able to actually do the cards during the classes.... it must have been really full on! Five more stunningly beautiful cards. Very impressive Linda.

papierelle said...

And you keep going!!! These cards are also stunningly beautiful. A very special highlight is the card with the butterfly, fascinating!!

Cat Craig said...

Linda, this had to have been a fab time.Your cards are lovely.

HilaryJane said...

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed doing these classes so much and thank you for explaining how you manage it all. I am very impressed that you manage to keep up, take photos, do your post and put on the group Facebook within such a short space of time. Well done. I fear it would completely stump me. Anyway the results are amazing, what a wonderful collection of cards you are left with and how special that you have met the very special Jennifer McGuire xx

Greta said...

You are really organized! I need in-person classes--haha! Boy is that frame neat--so many great cards using it! I'm frequently getting error messages, but hopefully my comments publish.

Trina P. said...

Amazing group of cards. You sure make the most out of these classes.

Rosemary said...

another amazing set of cards, linda. i agree with trina... you definitely make the most out of the classes!

Lisa Elton said...

WOW, I give you an A+, Linda! These are all wonderful!

Jean said...

One stunner after another! I'm amazed at how much you get out of those classes - you must be a star student!

Pia S said...

It sounds like you have fun with these classes, and well done being able to make along the way you describe. And all your cards are so different and beautiful. The Jennier McGuire card sure caught my eyes, the half and hakf butterfly is so interesting, I also love the effct of your wisteria card, clever use for building layers and dimension using vellum.