Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Last Day of Diva Tic-Tac-Toe

Welcome everyone - didn't the month of May fly by?! 

Today I'm part of the end-of-month post with Die Cut Divas for our May Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge. We're using products available at Frantic Stamper, our May sponsor, but you can use any supplies. Just remember to include a die cut or embossing folder & use a row from the board in your design. Here's my card:


 Supplies: Paper - Neenah White; Paper Studio Brights;
MFT black; Paper Studio Paint Shop patterned; American Crafts striped
Stamps - Hero Arts Key to My Heart (available HERE 
at Frantic Stamper; matching dies at FS HERE)
Stencil - Hero Arts Petal Burst (HERE at Frantic Stamper)
Dies - Hero Arts Nesting Hearts Infinity Dies (HERE at Frantic Stamper);
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
Other - Reflections gems; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Versamark ink;
Ranger Sea Foam White ep; upcycled clothing ribbon


  


I had fun with the middle horizontal row of the tic-tac-toe board (Ribbon, the word Love, Heart), pulling out some newer Hero Arts with an old fave. I die cut a heart & stamped the word LOVE & white heat embossed it. Added some stenciling with my new Petal Burst. I stamped & fussy cut the sub-sentiment, stamped then die cut and colored the heart lock and key. Covered the gold with clear lacquer. Die cut some rectangle layers in red, black and print. Added some ribbon & done! 

Since the heart stamp set is getting first play here, I'll add my card to Darnell's May NBUS Challenge.

For my bonus today, I thought - what the heck - I'll do a "cover all" checking all the boxes! 


Supplies: Paper - BoBunny Penelope 6x6; Neenah white;
Paper Studio A2 card and Paint Shop 12x12 patterned
Stamps with dies - Hero Arts Garden Critters Bundle (HERE at Frantic Stamper)
Stencil - Hero Arts Petal Burst (HERE at Frantic Stamper)
Other - Copic Markers; upcycled ribbon; Recollections gems;
Vicki Boutin Warm Wishes stickers; Alex Syberia flowers from Marianne

I used a heart coverplate & die cut some chocolate colored patterned paper. Adhered it to a paint print pattern with some subtle gold spotches. Next I stenciled with cocoa ink using a petal stencil over the entire thing & adhered to an A2 card. 

Marianne (Marianne's cards 'n stuff) sent me some stamped/stenciled/die cut floral panels from Alex Syberia's Spring Garden set. Thanks again, Marianne! I'd cut one of them into two pieces & found one part worked perfectly as the flowers. Shaded them a bit with some Copics and a pencil, then added a bow of the upcycled white ribbon

I used a LOVE sticker by Vicki Boutin with a bitty YOU for my sentiment. I stamped, colored and die cut a couple butterflies and added a gem to each, plus 3 yellow gems to the big flower. Done!

Thanks for stopping and we hope to see you in the May Diva gallery by 9p Pacific today!!




6 comments:

Dawn T said...

Stunning Linda. Love both of your cards. And imagine... using all the elements of the tic-tac-toe.

Cat Craig said...

Both cards are lovely, Linda.

Cindy C. said...

Both so bright and beautiful!!!

HilaryJane said...

Lovely cards Linda. I particularly like that cover plate xx

Jean said...

Both are lovely! Wonderful combinations of elements.

Arlene said...

I just love the lock and key on the first card. The flowers on the second card are so vivid. Beautiful cards.