Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, June 1, 2023

Ink Blended Columbines

Hello! Happy June!! The Group of Seven Cardmakers always inspires and for the May 28th technique they have featured ink blending on colored cardstock. I've not had a chance to play along with them yet - it's past time! So I got busy this morning with a fave Hero Arts outline flower stamp:


Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio A2 card &
Paint Shop cardstock
Stamps - Hero Arts Wild Columbine Bundle
Inks - Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Salty Ocean, Broken China, 
Chipped Sapphire, & Black Soot; Versamark; Memento Blue Danube
Other - Ranger Princess Gold ep; Darice sequins;

I had a piece of blue card with a subtle water splotch print on it. Thought it would be perfect for this technique. Prepped it with a powder tool, stamped my outline florals twice with Versamark, and gold embossed. Next I ink blended the edges and toward the center with blues, then finished with black. Flicked some shimmer spray on there - hard to tell in photo. Adhered the panel to an A2 card base. Stamped and fussy cut a sentiment from the Columbine stamp set; popped it onto card. Added some sequins - done!

They have a linky up to share so I'll add there. And since I used a flower, I'll link up to the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero's Dance of the Flowers Challenge too.

Thanks for stopping & have a crafty day!!




17 comments:

Jean said...

Gorgeous background that nicely showcases the gold-embossed floral outline.

HilaryJane said...

Well done for joining the linky this month. I have great intentions but the month always disappears before I realise them. Your card is lovely, such a beautiful glow xx

Lisa Elton said...

Great job with this technique, Linda! Your card is wonderful and elegant!

Loll said...

Beautiful card Linda! Love the gorgeous blue with the dark sponging. Thanks for sharing your card with us! xx

Cat Craig said...

gorgeous, love this technique

Dawn T said...

Fantastic Linda. The gold embossing pops off the blue background. It's a stunner.

Trina P. said...

So blue-tiful! No surprise… LOVE the colour! 💙

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card Linda. Love the blues and pretty gold embossed flowers. Great job with this technique.

Michelle Lupton said...

Gorgeous blues! So pretty with the gold embossing. Thanks for playing along with the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero challenge!

Marcia Hill said...

Such a beautiful shade of blue you started with Linda, and even prettier with the gold embossing and added blending with inks! Your card makes me want to try another one...lovely, lovely card!! :0)

Rosemary said...

lovely ink blended background, linda. the gold embossing just pops on this pretty card.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks so much for joining us on our stay crafty challenge with a blog named hero.

Jeanne H said...

A wonderful card, Linda. The blending and colors is gorgeous.

Bonnie said...

I LOVE this rich sapphire coloring, Linda! With the gold embossing it's so regal!

Julia Aston said...

This is SO pretty with the blue and gold Linda - beautiful ink blending to highlight the center - so glad you tried this technique and shared it with us at Group of 7! Julia xx

Valerie S said...

I love the colors here. The deep blue is so stunning with the gold!

Christine Alexander said...

I'm so glad you tired out the technique, the blue and gold are such a pretty colour combo ♥