Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, June 23, 2023

Enjoy Today!

TGIF everyone - hope you're looking at a fabulous weekend! I'm starting mine with a card using materials from the Spellbinders June Quick and Easy Card Kit. 

Supplies: Paper - Spellbinders kit; Park Lane black
Dies - Spellbinders Fancy Edged Ovals (retired)
My Favorite Things Blueprints 2 (retired)
Other - Tim Holtz sentiment sticker;
Spellbinders kit ephemera; Kaisercraft gems

I came home from the dentist on Monday to find a big box on the steps - yay - Spellbinders club! It's a lot to process and usually I set the box aside but I dug in and pulled out the card kit. I'm making weekly cards for my Blue Stars adopt-a-member AJ and found just what I needed in this month's kit! Card base, envelope, patterned & layering papers, fun frames and butterfly stickers. I knew my stash of Spellbinders dies would have a perfect matching oval frame - bingo, a pretty pierced scalloped one.

Next, a quick share of a card I mailed to AJ today. I upcycled the top of a manufactured card I received from a friend - can't remember what brand but I love the sparkly rays. I cut it down with a stitched rectangle and added to a dotted mat layer, then to an A2 card. A couple gems over the printed eyes and a sentiment sticker from the same Tim Holtz pack - done!


That's it for today, friends. I'll be off to a chorus rehearsal tonight & tomorrow with a special coach coming in from Canada. Hope to have time on the way to do some crafty shopping!

Thanks for stopping & enjoy your weekend!!

P.S.Have you checked out the Die Cut Divas June Critter Challenge? Hope to see you in the gallery - only 7 days left to play! 

6 comments:

Cat Craig said...

A welcome surprise on your doorstep, and some lovely cards following.

HilaryJane said...

I am glad you enjoyed your box of crafty goodies. I am enjoying the result of your play. Great cards. Enjoy your rehearsals, hope all goes well xx

Lisa Elton said...

Love what you found in your box of goodies. The speckled butterfly looks so pretty on those wonderful layers. Your sparkly card for AJ is fun! Hope you find time for your shopping!

Jean said...

Wonderful card with the Spellbinders kit and a fun upcycle with the rays.

Rosemary said...

Fun set of cards, Linda. Sounds like you had a great time going through your new products!

papierelle said...

Your first card is really beautiful, I love the design and the soft colours!!!