Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, June 19, 2023

Couple of Birthday cards

Happy Monday - hope you had a great weekend! I spent a lovely Father's Day with Dad at my brother and sister-in-law's house in Northern Minnesota. Burgers on the grill and yummy chocolate cake, then we played cards and watched the Twins lose against Detroit. Oh well. Try as I might, I won Phase 10 again - was hoping Dad would win on his day...

Today I'm sharing a couple birthday cards. First up, a card for my Diva teamie and long-time friend Dawn (Dawn's World). The Divas are using SheepSki Design digis this month for our critter challenge. I mistakenly thought it was happening in May so was busily making my inspiration cards in early May-oops. A good thing, though, because Dawn's bday in mid June needs a card mailed to New Zealand weeks ahead. It arrived only a day late, sigh - the post goes round the world twice sometimes, I think, going to NZ!!


Supplies: Paper - Neenah white; BoBunny Double Dotted 6x6;
My Favorite Things Falling for Houndstooth 6x6
Digi - SheepSki Designs For You
Stamps - Unity Many More Birthdays (die sold out) &
Hero Arts From the Vault Cute Animals (die sold out)
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set;
My Favorite Things Blueprints 13 (retired)
Other - Copic Markers; Hero Arts sparkle lacquer

That sweet ellie really makes me smile and Dawn loved it too! If you want to see another use of the elephant image, check out a cutie HERE by our Diva teamie, Annie at Little Wings Creates. And thanks to teamie Arlene (A Bit of This and That) for printing the digis I needed.

Next a card for my crafty friend Jo (Jo's Blogs); her bday is a couple days after Dawn's. What was I thinking mailing her card (going to the UK) at the same time as Dawn's??? Anyway, Jo's card took less than a week (a new record?) to get there so she could enjoy it longer.


Supplies: Paper - Tim Holtz kraft metallic;
Paper Studio pastel A2 card and marbled & paint shop patterned; MFT vellum
Dies - Altenew Mix and Match Frames;
Spellbinders Layered Mix and Match Sentiments (retired)

Too much gold? Definitely was a bit of a challenge to photograph! I was happy to hear Jo liked it! And that both Dawn and Jo had happy birthdays!! That's it for today, friends. I hope you'll check out our June Critter Challenge at Die Cut Divas and I'll be back Wednesday with an inspiration post. Stop back if you want to see more cute critters!!

Oh, but before you go, here's a photo of a blue heron standing on my brother's dock. I took it from the deck across the yard from the shoreline but if you look closely, you can see him on the end. So beautiful and he didn't stand there long before taking flight.


Thanks for stopping & happy crafting!!

8 comments:

Jean said...

Sounds like a lovely day with your family!
Two terrific cards - both with wonderful details.

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous cards and a fun family day...along with the heron sighting.

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous cards.. and yes I adore the one I got... that elephant is fantastic. And the one for Jo is stunning.

Rosemary said...

Super sweet set of cards, Linda. The little elli on the first one is so cute. Love the photo of the heron. We have the great blue heron here, too, and it is so neat to see them!

Angelnorth said...

Two lovely cards Linda, I’m sure both Dawn and Jo loved them. That Ellie image I super-sweet and beautifully coloured and I love th marbly splurges of gold on Jo’s! Glad you had a good family day, complete with visit from the heron (I always think there’s something prehistoric about them when they’re in flight).

HilaryJane said...

Two great and very different birthday cards and no, you can never have too much gold. Love it. What an amazing place your brother lives. I could sit for hours looking at that view. Herons are very special birds xx

papierelle said...

Your card with the little elephant is so cute and lovely.
It would be the perfect card for our current challenge at Day of the Month Card Club. Maybe you want to play along?
https://dayofthemonthcardclub.blogspot.com/2023/06/52-happy-birthday-to-you-day.html

Greta said...

Love your cards & how great to see the Blue Heron! They're one of my favorite birds & luckily I get to see them around here.