Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, June 2, 2023

May 2023 Card Chain Reveal

Welcome to another Card Chain Challenge Reveal - they seem to roll around quickly!! You can see the full May reveal featuring cards from thirty-two amazing players HERE. I sent my card to Joanne (Slices of Life) in Connecticut:

Supplies: Paper - Neenah white; Tim Holtz gold metallic;
BoBunny dotted; Paper Studio Navy A2 card
Stamps with Dies - Hero Arts Friendly Messages Bundle
Dies - Altenew Mix and Match Frames
My Favorite Things Torn Paper Edges,

Our May options:


Color Palette Option

Sketch Option

Theme Options: Hats / Flowers / Friendship

Product / Technique Options: Embossing Powder / Ripped Edges

I used something of every category this time! While the photo of the color palette shows a yellow, it says gold so I used a gold metallic oval on my card. Loved the sketch with rips! My "ripped" edges were done with a die - very handy! I first die cut a torn paper edge rectangle (Altenew die) from both navy and turquoise dotted papers. Then I used the MFT torn paper border die to cut the lines into the turquoise panel. Next I glued the pieces to the navy panel, then glued it to the white dot border panel. I die cut an MFT flower from the same navy dotted paper and a white center. Stamped and die cut the sentiment - it comes as one line but I snipped it into two parts for the sketch. Assembled the card, popping the sentiments with foam tape.

My dear friend, Gundi (papierelle) sent me this gorgeous card from Germany. I just love the gold embossed butterfly and her stunning coloring! She also included some fun ephemera and her envelope was posted with a bunch of colorful stamps since she knows I collect them. Thanks Gundi!!


Gundi & I like to exchange book recommendations - I just finished the new Nora Roberts book "Identity". Love her books - the protagonist of this one had her identity stolen but it had a happy ending. Please share in your comments what you're reading, if you like!

There's still time to sign up for the June exchange - check it out HERE by June 6th, if desired.

Thanks for visiting!


14 comments:

papierelle said...

I had absolutely no idea how to implement the sketch, but you did it perfectly once again!!

Jean said...

A fun summer-themed card for the reveal!

Julia Aston said...

Love all the dots on paper and framing Linda and that fun edge die worked perfectly for the separations in the sketch! The card you received from Gundi is beautiful with that floral butterfly! I'm presently reading True Places by Sonja Yoerg.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and great take on the sketch-love the beautiful butterfly card from Gundi too
Carol x

Angelnorth said...

Great take on the sketch Linda, your card made me smile and I’m sure it did the same for my namesake recipient! I’ve just finished The Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling — enjoyed it very much but not sure how well it would carry over the Pond (it’s rooted in small town politics which may be somewhat different!). I think I’ll sneak in Steinbeck’s Travels with Charley before I tackle our next book group book (Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmuss).

Gail said...

Your card turned out just great!
Gundi's is so pretty!
I am reading Fine Things by Danielle Steel.
Angelnorth, I have read The Casual Vacancy. Took me a while to keep the characters straight, but I enjoyed it!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous Linda. Great take on the sketch and what beautiful card you received. I really enjoy Nora Roberts books. Haven't read Identity yet so will add it to my must read list. Currently I'm re-reading Lucinda Reilly's Seven Sisters series. I bought the last one in the series recently - it's number 8 and it's been a few years since I read the rest. Up to #4 now. Enjoying them as much as I did first time around.

Rosemary said...

Super pretty card, Linda. I really love how you used all those dies so creatively to get the torn look that you wanted!

HilaryJane said...

that's a great interpretation of the sketch and what result to have the perfect die for the job. Love the gold centre with the flower. gundi's packages are always a treat, lucky you xx

Arlene said...

Great take on so many of the options. WOW

Jeanne H said...

Such a pretty card! Love how you did the designer paper diagonal cuts, and of course, love the colors!

Imke said...

Linda, you did a wonderful job with the Sketch, Colors and theme - wow ! Great card for the Card Chain Challenge. I am happy being part of it.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Pia S said...

WOW, you ticked off a lot of options with your design this month, you are always great at doing multiple options. Love the design with lots of spots:)

Robyn Oliver said...

Loving you take of all the May CCC elements Linda, a fabulous card, Robyn