Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, June 18, 2023

Happy Father's Day!

Hello and Happy Father's Day to all celebrating today!! I'm with my Dad, my brother and his wife for family time; my two sisters couldn't make it but we'll see them later this year. Here's the card I made Dad for Father's Day:


Supplies: Paper - DCWV patterned; Paper Studio kraft A2 card
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
Stamps - Hero Arts Past Times (retired)
Stamps with coordinating dies - Lawn Fawn Happy Happy Happy (dies HERE)
Other - Memento Tuxedo Black and Rich Cocoa inks; Park Lane star gem

I used some vintage papers and stamps - really liked how this turned out. The card appeared washed out in my original photo so I tried to warm up the tones via editing; loads of kraft & ivory in real life. I stamped & fussy cut the hand and the balloon. The HAPPY from Lawn Fawn is stamped & die cut with extra die cuts behind for dimension.

Here's a photo of Dad in his usual spot in the kitchen, holding a cup of coffee!! We kids got the cup for him years ago & he uses it often. Of all things, he loves to add french vanilla cappuccino from Kwik Trip - ugh!! Give me Starbucks any day over that stuff!


That's it for today, friends - thanks for stopping & have a beautiful day!

8 comments:

HilaryJane said...

That's a brilliant fathers day card. I am so glad that you have been able to enjoy it in his company. that's very special. It is almost 20 yrs since we lost my dad. It is so surprising how time passes xx

Rosemary said...

Fabulous Father's day card, Linda. The creams and browns are perfect for a masculine card. Bet your dad was thrilled to receive it!

Dawn T said...

Stunning Father's Day card Linda. It's an amazing card and so masculine in the browns and creams.

Jean said...

A lovely masculine card and a wonderful photo of your father.

Cat Craig said...

Wonderful man card with the collage of vintage images.

Jeanne H said...

Truly a great Father's Day card.

BAstelfeti said...

This Card for your Dad is amazing. By our is fatherday in May *smile*

Greetings BAstelfeti

Greta said...

So sorry I've gotten way behind on reading blogs. I do appreciate all the comments you've left for me. I'm browsing your posts now & we'll see how I do going forward. Love the pic of your dad & what a beautifully artistic card!