Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, June 10, 2023

Poinsettia Pop up Bridge Card

Happy Saturday! I'm getting some crafty time in and made a card for the June Christmas Kickstart Challenge. Jo (Jo's Blogs) and elf Arlene (A Bit of This and That) offer a fun theme of Festive Fancy Folds. I spotted the challenge on Thursday when I was catching up on blog visiting & that same day I spied a beautiful bridge card by Betty (created by bjk) with a pop-up bridge fold. Betty was inspired by Jennifer McGuire's June 1st post which I hadn't read yet. Made time right then to read it and watch her instructional video. Jennifer made it look easy so I figured I'd give it a go for Kickstart. Here's my card:


Supplies: Paper - Neenah White; Paper Studio prints & solid
Sentiment Stamp - Hero Arts Nov 22 MMH kit (sold out) 
Embossing Folder - Simon Says Stamp Geometric Lattice
Other - Hero Arts Gold Hero Pearls;
Versamark ink; Ranger Princess gold ep

When I made a poinsettia card for the May Christmas Kickstart Challenge I had die cut an extra poinsettia. Pulled it out of the bits box & added some gold pearls to match the background paper which has gold foiled flecks. Didn't have any leaves cut so pulled out the tealish piece from the same Hobby Lobby 12x12 paper pad. Decided to emboss the background paper using a Simon Says Stamp geometric ef that I received recently but hadn't used yet. I'll add the card to Darnell's June NBUS Challenge since my ef is getting first play today.

Here's a view from the top so you can see the fancy fold. You press the card flat for mailing then it pops up to stand beautifully.


That's it for today. Thanks for visiting!!




13 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is full of fun and so very creative, Linda!

Dawn T said...

Stunning Linda. Love the beautiful colours on your poinsettia. I must try this fun fold. I watched the video and it does look so elegant.

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully created, Linda. The purples are gorgeous and that is such a fun, funfold.

Cindy C. said...

Nicely done! The non-traditional colors and the pop-up design makes this card ultra special!!

Darnell said...

This is gorgeous, Linda! It will be saved as a tabletop decoration for years! Usually fancy fold cards are beyond me, but I do like this one. Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Rosemary said...

wow... your card is absolutely amazing, linda!

Trina P. said...

Fabulous bridge card. Love it in the non-traditional purple.

Dotty Jo said...

This is gorgeous, Linda! Sumptuous colours and a style of card I've not seen before - I love it. Thanks for joining Arlene and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Jeanne H said...

I do love this purple floral creative card. One of my favorite colors. TFS

Arlene said...

Gorgeous card and I love the colors. WOW! Arlene, A Visiting Elf from Christmas Kickstart Challenge.

ionabunny said...

I'm loving your purple poinsettias. This is such a pretty card. Hugz

Bobby said...

This is beautiful, Linda.

Jeanne H said...

Congrats on the win at Kickstart!