Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, June 30, 2023

Reindeer Wannabe?

Hello everyone - I'm part of the last of the month inspiration team at Die Cut Divas today. We're  wrapping up a month of playing with critters by SheepSki Designs but any critter will do for our June Diva Challenge. Just remember to use an embossing folder or die cut in your design along with your critter.

I'm going the Christmas card route today with a cute critter trio. I feel it's like that game you played as a kid - "one of these things is not like the other...". Remember that? This digi really makes me smile with the doggie & his branch antlers sneaking between the two reindeer.



Supplies: Paper - Neenah white; Paper Studio brights & stripes
Digi Stamp - SheepSki Designs My Spy
Stamp with Die - Hero Arts Beautiful Butterflies Bundle
Dies - Art Impressions Large Snowflakes
Other - Copic Markers; Recollections gems;
ephemera sentiment from a Paper Studio kit


Thanks again to Andrea at Sheepski Designs for sharing these adorable images with the DCD team & personal thanks to teamie Arlene (A Bit of This and That) for printing them off for me. Again Arlene included a couple different sizes so I could do more than one card. For my first card, I started with the larger sized imaged and colored it with Copics. I fussy cut around the chins and added the panel to a striped one, then layered to a red mat & added to an A7 card. A sentiment from the ephemera pack of a Paper Studio scrapbook kit and some die cut snowflakes & gems finished the card.


Here's today's bonus - the doggie with reindeer image sized smaller. Arlene had already cut the panel with a notched die who's name I don't know - resembles a Momenta set I have.... This time I added a single die cut snowflake (same AI set) and a different ephemera sentiment from the same Paper Studio kit. Similar look but not a duplicate - love it! I'd be interested to hear which one you prefer - let me know in the comments!



Remember - you only have until 9p Pacific time today to share your critter project - hope to see you in the June Diva gallery!! 

Thanks for stopping and, as always, Happy Crafting!!



11 comments:

!neke said...

Love your reindeer !!!!!
Great !
groeten Ineke

Dawn T said...

Two gorgeous card Linda. It's such a fun image.

papierelle said...

Two very funny cards!!! The dog's camouflage is perfect, no one notices... *laugh*

Angelnorth said...

Hah, that’s a cute image — love their expressions (reindeer: “hello, something’s not quite right here”, dog “who, me?”). Lovely colouring and great paper choices, not sure I could choose between the two cards though!

HilaryJane said...

That is such a fun image. I love both cards. Beautifully coloured too xx

Jean said...

Super cute image that you've nicely showcased!

Cat Craig said...

Cutie patooties~!

Lisa Elton said...

How fun are these! That pup fits right in with his new friends!

Arlene said...

WOW, both cards are fantastic. Great coloring on both those fun critters. Love them.

Rosemary said...

Super cute and fun set of cards Linda! The sweet little dog looks perfectly at home with his reindeer pals. :)

Greta said...

Oh how cute!