Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, July 1, 2023

Rainbow Rudophs

Happy July!! It's been hot and humid here today so I'm staying indoors as much as possible! Amidst doing laundry (ugh) & watching the Twins win (yay), I was surfing my blogging friends' latest posts. Lisa (My Paper Tales) shared a darling card announcing the new Poppystamps Challenge - Rainbow. I decided to jump in and play. 

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
various scraps of colored card, mainly Bazzill & Paper Studio
Dies - Poppystamps Whittle Rudolph (retired) and
Other - Copic Markers; Park Lane rainbow gems

I had picked up Whittle Rudolph (c2018) at my LSS last year (sadly retired at Poppystamps). Since I'm desperately behind on Christmas cards, I went in that direction. I thought Rudolph would be darling in rainbow colors & he is!! I stacked each reindeer with 3 layers for stability and dimension, then added a gem nose.

Next, I took a scrap of white card and drew lines using Copics in the 7 rainbow colors. I die cut Merry Christmas from that scrap. Layered it onto a white ouline and then, since I only had a bit of red at the top of the M, I added a red shadow. Arranged everything on a white slimline. Not a quick card but very fun to make!!

Thanks, Lisa, for the inspiration to join in at Poppystamps and thanks to Poppystamps, not only for this challenge but for sponsoring us at Die Cut Divas over the years!! Since my Whittle Rudolph gets first play today, I'll also share at Darnell's July NBUS Challenge.

Thanks for stopping and happy crafting! I'll be back tomorrow with the usual 2nd of the month Card Chain Challenge reveal - hope to see you here!

  

15 comments:

Dawn T said...

just adorable Linda. Such a cute as card.

Cindy C. said...

OMG this is so cute!!

Cat Craig said...

What a perfect rainbow holiday card. Love it.

Lisa Elton said...

A rainbow of reindeer... how cute! So happy you joined us at Poppystamps!

Jean said...

The rainbow of reindeer is adorable!

Patty Tanúz said...

wowow, it's a great and original rainbow card!!!

Greta said...

Fun!

Jeanne H said...

Just a darling card, Linda. Happy 4th of July.

ionabunny said...

Oh, this is so cute. I love the whittle dies. Hugz

Rosemary said...

Fun and happy Christmas card, Linda. The reindeer are very cute done in rainbow.

Trina P. said...

Darling Rudolph rainbow card! 🌈🦌

Darnell said...

Your whittle Rudolphs do look adorable and unexpected in rainbow colors, Linda! I think it's totally fun and I love how you made your own rainbow pp for cutting out the sediment and how you added the red shadow to complete the rainbow design! It's a winner in my book! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Lucy E. said...

This is such a cute Christmas card!

Jeanne J. said...

This is adorable! I'd sure love to receive this in the mail this Christmas! It just makes me happy!!

Rachel Duong said...

I love the adorable reindeer in rainbow colors so much! What a great card design!