Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, July 20, 2023

More Journal Pages Inspired by the Hero Arts Mixed Media Stamp Along

Hey everyone - thought I'd pop back in with some more accordion art journal pages I completed after the Hero Arts Mixed Media Stamp Along last weekend. First up, one I did on Sunday. 

Supplies: Dies - Hero Arts Delicate Butterfly
Plus see event supply list at bottom of post

As recommend by Kathy of The Daily Marker during one of her 30 Day Coloring Challenges, I had used pieces of watercolor paper as a work surface during the event. Forgot to photograph the one I used here but it was very messy with inks. I trimmed part of it to a journal page and continued to embellish with script stamping & stenciling. Very shimmery in real life thanks to irridescent spray. Slapped a white die cut butterfly on there with a sentiment strip left from the event, added some Hero pearls for a "flight path" - done!

I used a second slab of watercolor paper for a work surface during the event and remembered to photograph it.


You can see where I did some ink blending and spritzing of flowers for my Saturday pages. So far I haven't used this sheet for journal pages, except I did snip a green section from under the Hero Paste for some leaves you'll see later. I'm sure the rest of the panel will find its way onto a project soon!

Next, a crafty disaster on Monday - who said crafting isn't dangerous?!


Don't ask me how it happened but I was using purple liquid watercolor on some leftover flowers and dropped the bottle! Oddly it landed straight up but the dropper went flying and liquid splattered everywhere! I had my flip-flops on when it happened but took them off for the photo so you could see more splatter. That's packing paper in the upper right corner - on the floor, luckily, to catch some liquid. I was able to scoop some of the liquid onto a palette, then I had the great idea to soak some up with a slab of watercolor paper. I cleaned up the rest (my toe is still a bit purplish around the nail) then used the purple watercolor paper for this page:


I used a stencil & brayer with some of ink saved from the spill to add some subtle texture. Then I stenciled some dots with a teal ink, plus some stenciled circles with Hero Paste. And there is the sweet flower which was getting purple ink when the disaster happened. I die cut some Poppystamps leaves from that work surface piece above & used a YOU from my stash (Hero Arts Love You Stamp & Cut XL) along with a leftover sentiment strip.

That's it for today - hope you're enjoying the day whatever you're doing! Thanks for visiting!!


Main Hero Arts Stamp-Along Supplies: 
Stamps with Dies - Beautiful Day Bundle
Positive Script, & Rough Dot Bold Prints 
Stencil - Stacked Circles
Dies - Circle Set
Rub-ons Flowers and Swirls Hero Transfers
Other - many liquid watercolors, inks & sprays
Hero Paste, Hero Wax & Hero Pearls

7 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What a wonderful use of your work mat for this lovely page Linda! and yikes! I can just see myself dropping that ink! hope your toes are back to lovely flesh color soon!!

Lisa Elton said...

You've been busy and with wonderful results! Now that's an oops, but it gave you a pretty purple panel to use!

Dawn T said...

Fabulous pages... what a great save with your watercolour paper. I craft in a carpeted room... so I imagine the mess I would have made.

papierelle said...

What body part will you show next? ... *laughs* But you show us great results again. With the very restless background, the white butterfly is completely sufficient as a decoration and the second card is wonderfully harmonious!

Jean said...

Looks like you're embracing the mixed media wholeheartedly with wonderful outcomes!

HilaryJane said...

Oh no, sorry about our mishap. That watercolour is so concentrated I bet it took a lot to clean it up. Your mixed media makes are wonderful though xx

Rosemary said...

Wonderful mixed media projects, Linda. So glad that you were able to take a disaster and turn it into an opportunity!