Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Gingerbread Boy Trio

Hi all - hope you're surviving the heatwave if it's affecting you! We had a tremendous thunderstorm early this morning so we aren't seeing the extreme high heat that was predicted - yay! 93F here with a light breeze - very pleasant and the lawn looks happier thanks to some free water!!

I'm popping in with my third and final card for the July Christmas Kickstart Challenge - Gingerbread Treats. Thanks to Jo (Jos Blogs) and elf Carol (just me: c) for a fabulous challenge!

Supplies: Paper - Neenah White; Anchor Paper Kraft;
Authentique Festive 6x6 (plaid);
BoBunny Snowfall 6x6 (brown strips);
 Paper Studio red & Christmas Basics (gingerbread pattern)
Dies - Spellbinders July 2023 Large Die of the Month;
My Favorite Things Blueprints 6 (retired);
Lawn Fawn Winter Big Scripty Words
Hot Foil Plate - Lawn Fawn Big Scripty Words
Other - foam tape; Spellbinders foil

Yesterday I finally opened my July 2023 Spellbinders box that arrived on Saturday. Among the lovely contents, I spotted the Large Die of the Month set. It includes a sweet gingerbread boy; I immediately grabbed him for a CKC card. Then I cut the decor pieces and assembled (including extra gingerbread boys to stack for dimension).

Next I trimmed a piece of gingerbread patterned paper to A2 size and covered a premade card. Added a strip of plaid, a scalloped trim and two brown strips. Die cut 3 doilies to hold my gingerbread boys who got popped up with foam tape. I had a stash of LF foiled sentiments so picked one, then die cut a red shadow plus extras for dimension. Assembed the card - done!

Since my gingerbread boy die is new, I'll also add this card to Darnell's July NBUS Challenge

Thanks for stopping & happy crafting!!




9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Those little gingerbread boys are extra cute, Linda! This is a darling card. We hit 89 today and the thunderstorm just rolled through. No relief for us until next week. But you're right, the lawn is happy!

Dawn T said...

Adorable Linda. How opportune that the gingerbread boys were in your kit. It's a fabulous card.

Dotty Jo said...

I'm loving your gingerbread cards so much, Linda! I think this theme has really appealed to you! Thanks for playing again at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

papierelle said...

I understand that very well. With such a delicious challenge, you simply have to take part several times. And again you made such a cute card!!

Rosemary said...

You are really knocking it out of the park with the gingerbread men cards, Linda. This is another super cute design!

Cat Craig said...

So cute and they look good enough to bite into.

Jean said...

Another gingerbread delight - the paper you have is fantastic and the doily shape nicely works with the theme.

Ida said...

Very cute and festive. Gingerbread figures make me smile. (I have that paper!)

cm said...

How wonderful that you received a gingerbread boy as part of your Spellbinders subscription - and even more wonderful that he made his debut - times three - for this challenge. He's a cutie, for sure! The papers/design are perfect for this sweet trio. Thank you for playing along at Christmas Kickstart with Jo and me.
~carol