Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, July 31, 2023

Final day to enter Die Cut Divas July Birthday Challenge!

Hi there - I can't believe it's the end of July already! Today I'm part of the last day team at Die Cut Divas, sharing last minute inspiration for our July Birthday Challenge. Please link up by 9p Pacific time today and be sure to use a die cut &/or embossing folder in your birthday design!

As usual, I have a main card and a bonus for you. 

First up, another card using the June 2023 MFT kit (see previous HERE):

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Solar White;
My Favorite Things cardstock (Orange Zest, Lemon Drop, 
Grape Jelly & Limelight) and Petite Gingham 6x6 (retired)
Hero Arts Arctic and Bermuda cardstock & 
Park Lane medium jade (from an A2 card)
Dies - My Favorite Things All the Happy, Bold Blooms
Stamps - My Favorite Things Happy Occasions & 
Hero Arts Lisa's Mix & Match Messages (retired)
Other - Hero Arts clear enamel dots; 
Copic G02 to shade bud stems; foam tape


Very simple - Die cut items, assemble layered flowers, shade some stems with Copic G02 & arrange elements. Stamp and fussy cut sentiment. Adhere to A2 card & add enamel dots - done! Should've added a strip behind part of the gingham so I didn't have a bump from the white, oh well...

And here's a bonus card using more Bold Blooms with a "happy" die cut from a favorite MFT birthday Blueprint set (one of the 7 still available). I love these sets!

Supplies: Paper Neenah Solar White; Hero Arts gold glitter;
My Favorite Things cardstock (Orange Zest, Lemon Drop, 
Grape Jelly & Limelight)
and Petite Gingham 6x6 (retired)
BoBunny Boulevard 6x6 (for green 1/2 circle)
Park Lane medium jade (from an A2 card)
Dies - My Favorite Things Bold Blooms, Blueprints 26,
Blueprints 21 (retired), Stitched Blooms Peaceful Greenery;
Stamps - My Favorite Things Happy Occasions 
Other - foam tape

Thanks to My Favorite Things for the generous $25 prize which we'll award on August 3rd and special thanks to Brianna on the MFT team who was such a delight to work with! The MFT customer service is amazing and I always know my orders will arrive in a jiffy!!

Thanks for stopping and hope to see you in the Diva July Birthday Gallery!! And as always, happy crafting.


11 comments:

!neke said...

Both very beautiful and colorful !!!
groeten Ineke

Dawn T said...

Stunning cards Linda. Love those bold blooms. They look fantastic

Cindy C. said...

Both so pretty!!

Cat Craig said...

Those MFT flowers are fab arent the. Love this.

Betty said...

wonderful bright summer colors, Linda - very pretty

Jean said...

Wonderful color combinations with which to end the month!

Lisa Elton said...

What pretty colors, Linda! These say summer to me, they're wonderful!

Arlene said...

Bright and cheery and just delightful.

Rosemary said...

Pretty set of cards, Linda. So bright and cheerful!

HilaryJane said...

Love both these, such amazing colours and clean lines xx

Trina P. said...

pretty set of birthday cards. Kicking myself for missing out on this challenge. 🫣