Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, July 2, 2023

June 2023 Card Chain Reveal

Happy July 2nd everyone! It's time to reveal cards that went round the world for the June Card Chain Challenge. Thirty-six people participated and you can see the full reveal HERE. I sent my card to the delightful Hilary (fiddling about) in the UK.


Supplies: Paper - American Crafts shimmer rose
Park Lane cream A2 card; BoBunny Double Dotted 6x6
Stamp - Hero Arts Wisteria Heroscape (sentiment)
Dies - My Favorite Things Torn Paper Edges;
Hero Arts Butterfly from the Feb 2023 My Monthly Hero premium kit &
Other - Hero Arts heart gem; Picked Raspberry Distress Ink;
Memento Tuxedo Black and Rose Bud inks

June design options:

Color Palette

Sketch 



Theme Options: Vintage / Wheels / Friendship

Product / Technique Options: Lace / Shaped Card

I made a mask with a torn edge die and used it to ink layers of color along the side of the card, then stenciled with the same ink. I love the variation you can get with just one ink! Then, given I'm sending to Hilary, I had to do the envelope too - LOL. Also decorated the inside a bit which isn't my strength. Here's a photo of that too plus some die cut butterflies I sent to Hilary.


I received the gorgeous card below from Bonnie (Paper Crafter at Large) in Colorado who joined the chain this year. Such a talent & I was delighted to see this pink embossed stunner in the mailbox! Bonnie also sent some yummy papers for me to try - thanks so much, Bonnie!!


That's it for today, friends! If you'd like to join the Card Chain Challenge for July, you can still sign up by the 6th. Go here for all the details; you just make & mail one card then receive one card. Easy peasy! Thanks for stopping by!!


15 comments:

papierelle said...

A really beautiful CAS design!!!

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful cards, both the one you sent and you received!

Bastelmichaela said...

Wow, beautiful Cards!!

Viv said...

Fab cards!

Arlene said...

The inside of the card is as lovely as the outside. WOW

Julia Aston said...

It always packs an extra punch when you put something on the inside of a card - this is like getting two cards in one! love the pinks and the pretty butterflies on this Linda! AND you stenciled your envelope flap as well! Yikes! Julia xx

Lisa Elton said...

Both your sent and received cards are lovely, Linda! I like that you added some prettiness to the inside!

Angelnorth said...

Beautiful card Linda, I love the inky layering for the torn edge and that you coordinated the inside and envelope too — go you!

Jean said...

A wonderful take on the colors and sketch! Your chain challenge really is a special community!

Greta said...

Wow--both of you used the colors perfectly! I know Hilary loves her beautiful card & what a beauty you got from Bonnie!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and butterfly-great take on the sketch and beautiful one from Bonnie too
Carol x

ionabunny said...

Love your card with that lovely butterfly and hexagon. A beauty from Bonnie too. Hugz

Rosemary said...

Once, again, you nailed both the colors and sketch, Linda! Your card is fabulous!

HilaryJane said...

I have finally made it to your CCC post, so sorry for taking so long. It has been a bit of a challenging week. I am so happy to have this gorgeous card sitting on my shelf. I really like the extra little details on the inside and the envelope and the extra goodies that you enclosed. Thank you xx

Dotty Jo said...

Always love your cards so much. The torn paper effect is gorgeous and what a lovely idea to decorate the envelope too. Thanks for being a link in our chain again, Jo x