Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, July 22, 2023

More Mixed Media

Hey there - I'm back with some more projects inspired by last weekend's Hero Arts Mixed Media Stamp Along. I have a card and a journal page for you today.

Supplies: please see list at end of post

The panel for this card was done with the help of a 3x3" square gel plate. I neglected to photograph the print before I cut it up but I had enough for four cards.  I made a previous card with another quarter of the print (at bottom of post HERE).

I basically brayered ink onto the gel plate and used it as a stamp without pressing down too hard on the edges; didn't want harsh square edges (but you can see a few). I brayered over a stencil on the gel plate and also sprayed through the stencil direct to paper with some glimmer mist. Once dry, I die cut with a stitched rectangle & stamped with a cling script stamp inked with Hero Wax (very subtle gold in spots) and then with a clear script stamp held on my fingertips with some teal ink. I matted the printed the print with black and added to an A2 card formed from Hero Arts Bermuda cardstock. A label made with a Dymo embossing tool became the sentiment strip.

Here's an accordion art journal page I made using part of the watercolor sheet I'd used as a work surface (see that photo HERE). I added a LOVE diecut (Hero Arts Love You Stamp & Cut XL) along with a leftover sentiment strip.The narrow strip on the left side near the page's edge was trimmed off another page that I'd cut too large. Didn't want to waste it, right?


Thanks for stopping and if you haven't entered our July Die Cut Diva Birthday Challenge, I hope to see you there by 7/31 at 9p Pacific!!


Main Hero Arts Stamp-Along Supplies: 
Stamps with Dies - Beautiful Day Bundle
Positive Script, & Rough Dot Bold Prints 
Stencil - Stacked Circles
Dies - Circle Set
Rub-ons Flowers and Swirls Hero Transfers
Other - many liquid watercolors, inks & sprays
Hero Paste, Hero Wax & Hero Pearls

8 comments:

HilaryJane said...

Gel plates make fantastic backgrounds. i love yours and well done for getting 4 background from it. They look great xx

Rosemary said...

It has been so fun seeing all your mixed media projects, Linda. These latest two are fabulous.

Lisa Elton said...

I agree with Rosemary, I've enjoyed all of your mixed media projects! The two today are fantastic!

Jean said...

These are gorgeous - I'm in awe of your ability to get so much from these classes!

Trina P. said...

Mixed media masterpieces! Looked like a fantastic stamp-along weekend.

Dawn T said...

Superb pieces of mixed media Linda. You've done so well with your class and made some incredible projects. Great use of your "waste"

papierelle said...

I miss the photo of a body part of you... *smile*
But I console myself with these exceptionally beautiful works. You have mastered the technique in a very short time.

Cat Craig said...

Wonderful effects!