Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, July 28, 2023

Another Mixed Media Art Journal Page & Card

TGIF everyone! I'm back with another accordion art journal page inspired by the Hero Arts Mixed Media Stamp Along - hope you're not sick of them yet! The journal has 14 pages, plus the covers so, if you've been counting, this makes #9. Five more to go, then I can share the completed book over in the HA event Facebook group. Oh, and you can now purchase a replay of the event if desired - for full details go HERE.

Supplies: see end of post for Stamp Along list
Additional supplies: Stamps - Hero Arts Floral Journaling
Transfers - Hero Arts Butterfly Hero Transfers

Today's panel uses another chunk of the work surface I used during the event. I cut it from adjacent to the part used on the LOVE page I shared HERE. After I glued down the white die cut word "rise", I kicked myself - meant it to be going upwards left to right... Oh well, no peeling it up afterwards, it was well adhered! 

I took yet another hunk of the same work surface to make a card:

Additional Supplies: Paper - Neenah White & 
Hero Arts Bermuda; Spellbinders A2 card
Dies - Hero Arts Birthday Stamp & Cut XL;
Stamps - Hero Arts Background Texture Strips
Other - Preprinted reverse sentiment strip (brand unk)

I added some stenciling & the music texture. Kept it simple since the card went to a guy musician. Maybe should've done a black shadow on my sentiment die but I used a scrap of HA Bermuda cardstock since it went with the stenciling. Since the texture stamp is new, I'll add the card to Darnell's July NBUS Challenge

Thanks for stopping and have a crafty weekend!



Main Hero Arts Stamp-Along Supplies 
(not all used on today's projects): 
Stamps with Dies - Beautiful Day Bundle
Positive Script, & Rough Dot Bold Prints 
Stencil - Stacked Circles
Dies - Circle Set
Rub-ons Flowers and Swirls Hero Transfers
Other - many liquid watercolors, inks & sprays
Hero Paste, Hero Wax & Hero Pearls

11 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Love your fabulous colors.

Betty said...

I think you and mixed media were made for each other!! wonderful color combo with the butterflies!!

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful projects, lovely colors and textures!

HilaryJane said...

That work surface is proving very useful, what brilliant backgrounds. Love both these. Don't worry, I am forever sticking things down the wrong way! Sorry I missed your gingerbread cards, I have had a look and they are great fun. You are so good at keeping going with those Christmas cards all year xx

Jean said...

These are beautiful! Gorgeous colorful backgrounds.

Darnell said...

The coloring you have achieved in your creations is so bright and bold and brilliant, Linda! I'll bet you can't help but be in a cheery mood working with them! Hugs, Darnell (Thank you for playing often in NBUS!❤)

papierelle said...

I love both works, amazing!!

Dawn T said...

You certainly have made the most of your class. Great to use up those waste sheets. They turned out stunning.

Greta said...

Way behind, but just browsed your blog. Looks like you had lots of fun doing the MM & good save with the spilled watercolor! My goal is a better routine for blog visiting when I've recovered from shoulder surgery. Thanks for all your comments, Linda!

Kathyk said...

Popped across from NBUS to say that I love your birthday card

Kathyk

Rosemary said...

Love seeing all your fun mixed media projects, Linda! These are awesome.