Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, July 23, 2023

Gingerbread Cookie Jar

Hey crafty friends - hope you're enjoying the weekend! I was doing some crafty clean up yesterday and found the stamp set I sought when I made a previous card for the July Christmas Kickstart Challenge - yay! Jo (Jos Blogs) and elf Carol (just me: c) are doing Gingerbread Treats and I just had to play along a second time!

Supplies: Paper - Neenah White; Anchor Paper Desert Storm;
My Favorite Things Petite Gingham 6x6 (retired);
Tim Holtz kraft metallic
Stamps with dies - Hero Arts Gingerbread House Stamp & Cut 
(retired at HA but a couple in stock HERE at Frantic Stamper)
Dies - Hero Arts Kitchen Crocks
Other - Copic Markers

First I created the background with the bitty stamps in the set. Die cut it with a stitched rectangle and blended some brown ink around the edges. Adhered to a kraft A2 card. Next I stamped and die cut the gingerbread house and some gingerbread boys on Neenah White cardstock and colored with Copics. Stamped and die cut the sentiment.

Here's another example of a card going off in a new direction. I was going to put the house and one cookie on a tag with the sentiment. While passing a stack of items recently purchased at my LSS Anchor Paper, I spotted the Kitchen Crocks die set which I hadn't used yet. I decided the crock, minus the handles, would make a fine cookie jar! And wouldn't the house be a cute decoration for the jar? But how to add the jar to my card?? I was surfing some of my blogging friends' posts and spotted this cutie by Lisa (My Paper Tales) where she'd used a narrow strip of gingham - bingo! Thanks for the inspiration, Lisa!! And I like the sentiment on part of the gingham strip. I cut extra bits of the crock from gold to add details, then decided that a couple more gingerbread boys could be popping out the top. Done!

Since my crock is new, I'll also add this card to Darnell's July NBUS Challenge. It's been a while since I've been able to play at the Sweet Stampin' Challenge so it's past time! They're doing Christmas in July so I'll link up there too. I was inspired yesterday by my Diva teamie Dawn (Dawn's World) with her darling card HERE.

Thanks for stopping & happy crafting!!






14 comments:

Lin said...

How fun, Linda! A cookie jar full of gingerbread men makes me smile!

Cindy C. said...

Super cute!!

Chris said...

So cute, a lovely design with your fab cookie jar and gingerbread men, love the stamped background paper too- beautifully done I thought it was DP. Thank you so much for playing along at Sweet Stampin'
Chris
x

Cat Craig said...

This is so adorable!

Jean said...

So many wonderful details on this card that showcase the gingerbread theme!

Viv said...

Lovely card! Loving the little gingerbread men popping out of the jar!

cm said...

How cute is your gingerbread house jar, filled with - and surrounded by - oodles of adorable gingerbreads! Festive fabulous! Thank you for joining Jo and me at Christmas Kickstart.
~carol

!neke said...

Great card !!!!
groeten Ineke

Lisa Elton said...

Those itty bitty gingerbread men are as cute as they can be! This is darling, Linda!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous card Linda.

papierelle said...

The gingerbread men are pretty small, they disappear in the mouth with a bite...
But your card is really great again, it's fun!!

Trina P. said...

Sweet gingerbread men cookie jar! Love the idea. Great colours, too.

Dotty Jo said...

Oh, Linda, this is yet another stunning creation! Love the colours, the details and the itty, bitty cookies. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart with Carol and me, Jo x

Rosemary said...

Your little jar of gingerbread men is so darn cute, Linda!