Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, July 21, 2023

Birthday Time with My Favorite Things!

Hey there - I'm posting inspiration at Die Cut Divas today for our July Birthday Challenge! We're celebrating My Favorite Things' 17th Birthday by using their wonderful products but you can use anything from your stash. Just be sure to include a die cut or embossing folder in your design.

I bought some June release MFT items to play with - as usual, their customer service was amazing! I ordered and 2 days later - package at my door! Had an idea for a box card which I finally finished on Tuesday:

Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Artic
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Craft Consortium Retro Summer (waves)
BoBunny Enchanted Garden (rock wall)
Stamps with dies - My Favorite Things Oceans of Fun (dies HERE)
Dies - My Favorite Things Under the Sea,
Other - Copic Markers




I thought the Level Up box card set would be amazing for the arched rock wall in the Under the Sea set. I used the new waves die for this style box card and cut them from some ocean looking Craft Consortium paper. Next I die cut a bunch of the sea critters, coral & foliage from Neenah White cardstock. Using the negative at a template, I popped them into the MISTI to stamp, then colored with Copics. Stamped & die cut the sentiment panel.

I assembled my box and flattened it, as for mailing, to arrange my elements, then glued to card. That was the fiddly part, otherwise this came together easily. I just love how it turned out! Here are a couple other views.



Still with me? I have a bonus card using MFT's June card kit (products available separately). I couldn't resist adding to my MFT blossom collection and the new happy die with coordinating stamp set is amazing!!

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
My Favorite Things cardstock (Orange Zest, Lemon Drop & Limelight)
striped from a retired 6x6 collection (can't find the name)
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints 21 (retired),
Stamps - My Favorite Things Happy Occasions

For more visual interest, I cut the top and bottom happys the same orientation, then rotated the die 90 degrees to cut the middle one so the stripes went a different way. The little leaves were trimmed off a sprig of 8 leaves. I stamped and fussy cut the word birthday. Added everything to a pierced rectangle panel, matted and glued to A2 card. Done!

I'll share at Darnell's July NBUS Challenge since I used new stuff for the first time. I'm always super happy when I used something new right after I get it - such a change from waiting a year or two!! I was also inspired by my friend Gundi (papierelle) to join in the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge #573 where they're doing sea life. See Gundi's darling card HERE.

Thanks for stopping and I hope to see you in the July Diva Birthday Gallery by the 31st at 9p Pacific! MFT has generously donated a $25 gift card to their online store which we will award to our random winner selected from eligible July entries.




11 comments:

Dawn T said...

Delightful cards Linda. Love the fishy box. And your bonus card is gorgeous.

papierelle said...

There is really something going on on the card, so many beautiful details and everything is so cute. And your second card is a very beautiful summer card!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Wowee, these are oodles of fun, Linda!

Jean said...

Two incredible cards! I'm a huge MFT fan and agree that their customer service is topnotch!

HilaryJane said...

That such a fun box card and I love your clever use of that paper on your second card. Thanks for the inspiration xx

Cat Craig said...

That is a fantastic box card, Linda.

Leanne said...

This is so awesome the details and the shape of the card/box, great job, thank you for playing our challenge at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge, and wish you a wonderful crafty day!


Leanne DT Member/CIC

Rosemary said...

Amazing set of birthday cards, Linda! The ocean themed card is so fun!

Trina P. said...

Awesome twofers. Love box card!

Nora Noll said...

Such cute cards. I love the box cards. So many little layers!! Thanks for playing with us at the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge!

Nora
DT Member
CIC

Cindy C. said...

Both card so delightful, love the ocean scene!