Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, June 11, 2023

Yellow Rose Wreath

Hi everyone - hope you're enjoying the weekend! I spotted a beautiful yellow roses card by my friend Joanne (Ambrosia and Iron) yesterday and was inspired to get out my Altenew Garden Picks die set. These roses are such fun to cut and assemble! I decided to add them to a wreath and finished my card this morning.


Supplies: Paper - Authentique Promise & Jubilee 6x6 collection;
Park Lane A2 card; Paper Studio Paint Shop; scrap of brown & kraft
Dies - Altenew Garden Picks;
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop;
My Favorite Things Sunflower Wreath;
Memory Box Floral Window (magazine freebie)
Other - Wplus9 Autumn Splendor enamel dots

I die cut two wreaths and three white flowers from the same MFT set. Arranged them with the Altenew roses & leaves atop a pale yellow gingham circle so it would stand out from the basketweave background. Decided to add a band of orange checked paper behind the circle. A sentiment from a MB die set (free in issue 97 of Die Cutting Essentials magazine) finished it off.

Joanne set the challenge Everything's Coming Up Roses at Daring Card Makers for this week and I wanted to play along. I've not played at that challenge before, despite being inspired many times by Joanne's creations on the DT. Thought it was past time that I joined in! Thanks to Joanne & the Daring Card Makers for the fun!!

My friend Betty (created by bjk) is the featured designer for the current TIC TAC TOE Challenge 212 and my card works for that too - center horizontal line Wreath/Free/Die Cut. 


Thanks for stopping by! Happy crafting!!





9 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Love that wicker like background, Linda. YOur wreath is darling.

Jean said...

Gorgeous wreath that nicely pairs with the woven basket paper!

Lisa Elton said...

What a wonderful mix of patterns and textures, Linda! This is terrific! I would be happy to share some of the PFS Washi die cuts with you. Just email me your address if you would like to try some ;)

Rosemary said...

so very lovely, linda!

Trina P. said...

So pretty with wonderful texture and dimension. Before reading your post, I thought you were working the right column (yellow, die cuts) of the TTTC.😂

Dawn T said...

An awesome wreath and those roses are delightful. The basketweave background is lovely too.

ElizStewart said...

Linda... this is a beautiful wreath! Thank you so much for joining and sharing at TicTacToe this week.

Dawn said...

I am loving wreaths on cards at the moment and yours is stunning. Thanks for joining in at the Daring Cardmakers. x

Angelnorth said...

Fabulous card Linda, so glad you decided to join us at Daring Cardmakers this week! Those layered roses look lovely against the basketweave background and the delicate foliage of the wreath, love it!