Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Thinking of You Froggies

Hello everyone - my turn to provide Die Cut Diva Inspiration today! We're playing with critters by SheepSki Designs but any critter will do for our June Diva Challenge. Just remember to use an embossing folder or die cut in your design along with your critter. 


Supplies: Paper - Parklane A2 card; Neenah white
Digi Stamp - SheepSki Designs My Pad
Stamp with Die - Hero Arts Beautiful Butterflies Bundle
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
Other - Copic Markers; Hero Arts Clear Lacquer; white gel pen


Thanks to Andrea at Sheepski Designs for sharing these adorable images with the DCD team & personal thanks to teamie Arlene (A Bit of This and That) for printing them off for me. She always includes a couple different sizes so I can do my bonus cards. For my first card, I started with the larger sized imaged and colored it with pastel Copics. Added clear lacquer to the eyes and some dots on the body with Copics and on the flower with a white gel pen. Die cut the panel with a stitched rectangle and stamped a sentiment. Adhered it to an A2 panel and added a stamped/die cut/colored butterfly. Done!


Here's today's bonus - the froggie image sized smaller. This time I added some die cut cattails and a bitty dragonfly. The other two dragonflies from the set landed on a previous card. This one went to a friend's hubby who landed in the hospital - he absolutely loved it! Brings me a smile too...


Supplies: Paper - Parklane A2 card; Neenah white & black;
BoBunny Double Dotted 6x6 patterned
Digi Stamp - SheepSki Designs My Pad
Stamp with Die - Hero Arts Friendly Messages Bundle
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set;
Frantic Stamper Cattails; Memory Box Little Dragonflies (retired)
Other - Copic Markers; Hero Arts Clear Sparkle Lacquer; white gel pen; 
Versamark ink & Ranger Sea Foam White Embossing Powder

You have until June 30th at 9p Pacific time to share your critter project - hope to see you in the June Diva gallery!! 

Thanks for stopping and, as always, Happy Crafting!!



10 comments:

Jean said...

Two terrific takes with that adorable frog!

Cat Craig said...

Love that frog, and you created the perfect places for him to hang out.

Dawn T said...

Two gorgeous froggies for sure. Love that digi images can be resized for different looks.

Cindy C. said...

Sweet cards, great coloring! And what a fun image!

Arlene said...

I love both of the cards. I see the first little froggie dreaming away - so fanciful. I love the purple and green together - just a wow factor with the added cattails.

BAstelfeti said...

So a cute Card with an Frog.

Greetings BAstelfeti

Rosemary said...

Oh what an adorable set of cards, Linda! That frog is just too darn cute!

Lisa Elton said...

I'm playing catch up after our vacation and I've missed a whole lot of fabulousness! Each card is as wonderful as the next, Linda!

HilaryJane said...

What a cute image, love how you have added the little details of the dragon fly and butterfly xx

papierelle said...

Both cards are soooo funny!!!