Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, March 18, 2024

Spring/Easter cards with Embossing Folders

Happy 3rd Monday of March!! I'm playing along with Darnell (djkardkreations) and her IDEAS program to give some structure to using all those crafty supplies. This Monday focuses on E for Embossing Folders but Darnell mentioned she will add wet embossing to the E in future.


Supplies: Paper - Neenah white; Lawn Fawn Petite Rainbow Plaid;
Bazzill green; Spellbinders Betterpress Porcelain
Bright yellow from unk
Embossing Folder - Spellbinders Swirling Blooms (EOM-Feb24)
Stamps with dies - Frantic Stamper Spring Bold Sentiments
(coordinating dies HERE)
Hero Arts From the Vault Cute Animals
(Here at Frantic Stamper; coordinating dies HERE)
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
Betterpress w/Stencils - Cosmos Backdrop Bundle
Betterpress Ink - Bark; Inks - Altenew Bamboo; Hero Arts Moss,
Butter Bar, Creamsicle & Tangerine
Other - shimmer brown envelope; Copic Markers; 
Hero Arts Sparkle Lacquer; foam tape

While making my first cosmos cards with my Betterpress, I did a second panel on porcelain Betterpress paper, stenciled it with the coordinating stencil & cut it into two parts like I did before. I found one of the die cut panels in the bits box & used it to create this Spring card for my sister. I thought a panel using the Spellbinders February 2024 Embossing Folder of the Month would complement it. Crazy that I got to it this quickly, right? 

Next, I was looking through my stash of handmade cards and found a daffodil card from last May that I didn't really like - the daffodil coloring looked bad to me. Tried to fix it and it looked worse so I carefully peeled off the sentiment and bee for this card! The sentiment had a little flaw that I covered up with a flower from the bits box. Since my embossing folder was newly used here, I'll add my Spring card to Darnell's March NBUS Challenge.

While I was at it, I made another Avery Elle bunny card:


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Park Lane A2 card; Paper Studio pastel cardstock
Embossing Folder - Spellbinders Easter Egg Hunt  (3EOM-Feb24)
Stamps - Taylored Expressions Many Minis - Holiday (retired)
Stamps with dies - Avery Elle Easter Egg (dies HERE)
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
Other - Copic Markers; foam tape; American Greetings stickers

I embossed a pink panel using Spellbinders February 2024 3D Embossing Folder of the Month. I ran a darker pink over the raised bits & adhered it to an A2 card. Next, I trimmed down the grass from that cannibalized daffodil card. My first bunny was paper pieced but this one was simply colored with Copics. A sentiment label and some chick stickers completed the card. Yay - another Easter card for the stash!

That's it for today, friends - hope you have a wonderful week! Thanks for stopping by!!




9 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Linda, both cards are sweet. And that bunny is so very cute.

Jean said...

The dry embossing really add to the overall impact of both cards!

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Linda: When I stopped by your blog today, I saw your first card and thought, "ooo...that's so pretty", and then I scrolled down and I saw your second card and thought, "oh my heart, this is adorable"....such a treat for my eyes. Now....if I could just hear you SING as I browse your blog, that would be perfect. I tried Sweet Adeline's but it just didn't click for me. I miss singing. Church, weddings, funerals, are about the only place I get to sing any more. Anyway....back to your fabulous art. Your cards are STUNNING and I would be delighted to have you come share your wonderful art with us at Word Art Wednesday. Challenges are always Anything Goes/Family Friendly and we have awesome sponsors/prizes as well. I'd LOVE to have you share your sweet cards with us:
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Finally, before I run off, I wanted to say thank you for your comment this morning on my blog. I linked up a couple cards yesterday at Die Cut Divas, and I already have (I think) three comments from the DT. That's impressive, and it means a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by, and please visit again soon.

Have a blessed and creative week,
Karen Letchworth
Owner, Word Art Wednesday Challenge Blog
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Lisa Elton said...

Two wonderful cards, Linda! The embossing looks terrific on both. I like that you used just a portion of the pretty Cosmos!

Trina P. said...

Terrific spring twofers! The bunny is adorable.

Darnell said...

Lots of cuteness here with the bee and the bunny, Linda, and lots of cleverness and great embossing, too! Good eye seeing how that bee and sediment worked perfectly on the betterpress floral spring card. But I have to say my favorite things are those two baby chicks playing in the grass!🐤 Thank you for embossing with me this week and for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Dawn T said...

Cuteness overload! Two fabulous cards Linda. Your letterpress card is fabulous. Great that you managed to use the bit left from your other card. Love the little bit of green behind the panel. And aren't those little chicks adorable with their bunny friend.

papierelle said...

I always notice that I don't work with my embossing folders enough. As you can see on your cards, there is always a very nice effect and enhances the cards!!

Rosemary said...

Lovely set of cards, Linda. The embossed backgrounds really draw your eye into the pretty images!