Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, March 31, 2024

Happy Easter & last day for the March Die Cut Diva Challenge!

Happy Easter wishes to everyone celebrating today!! Most of my immediate family will celebrate in Arizona but I was going to take my friend/sister by choice Connie and her hubby to Easter buffet at Afton House Inn. We did the Thanksgiving buffet once and it was very good. I ended up coming down with a bit of a sniffle so we'll have to reschedule. Boo hoo!

I'm sharing at Die Cut Divas today along with the rest of the end-of month team. It's Anything Goes for this month at the Divas - just remember to use a die cut &/or embossing folder & get your last entries in by 9pm Pacific time today.

First I have some darling Easter treat boxes made using a new Lawn Fawn die set:


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb;
Lawn Fawn Fruit Salad Petite; Graphic 45 Time to Flourish;
Scraps of green
Dies - Lawn Fawn Carrot Treat Box
Stamps with Dies Carrot 'bout You (coordinating dies HERE),
Carrot 'bout You Banner Add-On (coordinating dies HERE)
Other - Copic markers, Memento Tuxedo Black ink;
Hero Arts Ultra Pink & TE Pumpkin


Lawn Fawn has generously donated a $25 gift card to their online store 
for our random winner. Thanks, Lawn Fawn!

The box was just released for Spring 2024 and so were the stamped/die cut additions. So easy to put together and Kelly Marie has a great tutorial video on the product page. I simply die cut the box from patterned papers and the carrot tops from some green scraps & assembled per the video. Stamped, die cut and colored the bunnies, sign & banner and added to the assembled box. Both are filled with Easter candies - yum!! I'll add my carrot treat boxes to Darnell's March NBUS Challenge since they're new. 

For my bonus today, I made some little chick boxes - so cute for Easter!


Supplies: Paper - Lawn Fawn retired & 
scraps of Neenah white, black and orange
Dies - Lawn Fawn Tiny Gift Box &
Other - White gel pen

Simply die cut and assemble the box following the video tutorial Kelly Marie shares on the product page. Die cut and add the chick elements form the add-on set. These boxes had room for two Dove candies each. I will link my chicks to the current Dream Factory Challenge where no bunnies are allowed on your project. And my yellow chicks fit the current I Spy with My Little Eye Challenge to included something yellow.

And I can't forget to wish Hilary (fiddling about) a happy birthday today! Here's the card I sent her using Spellbinders Spring Reflection (DOML-Feb23) and a bunch of snippets along with a background of MFT's colorful canvas in a fave color of Hilary's - green! The sentiment came from a Betterpress set You are Everything Sentiments. Hilary received the card a while ago (you never know about the post) but waited til today to open it!


Happy Birthday, Hilary!!

That's it for today. Hope to see you in the March Diva gallery by 9pm Pacific time today! 

Thanks for visiting & enjoy your Easter!!





13 comments:

Michelle N. said...

Wow-those boxes are so fun! And the bonus birthday card is gorgeous!

Arlene said...

I loved the carrots, but then you showed us those cute little boxes! Oh my gosh, adorable. The bonus BDay card is just so lovely. I love those flowers.

Jean said...

Hope you feel better soon. That inn looks lovely!
Your Easter and birthday projects are delightful.

Pauline C said...

Love your cute Easter treat boxes, they are all so original and fun. Thanks so much for sharing with this month’s “I Spy” challenge.
Pauline x

Greta said...

All your treat boxes would be a treat to receive, for sure! Love Hilary's birthday card--lovely!

Dawn T said...

Such cute little gift boxes are just so sweet. And your card for Hilary is just amazing.

Cat Craig said...

Oh Linda, I hope those sniffles disappear soon. Its a lovely bunch of cards and those boxes are soo darned cute!

Lisa Elton said...

Your treat boxes are adorable and Hilary's card is lovely! Hope those sniffles go away soon!

papierelle said...

I love your little gift boxes, so cute!! Glad you joined us at the Dream Factory!! Gundi

Rosemary said...

Your card is lovely, Linda, but those adorable treat boxes have really stolen the show!

Rosmarie said...

These little chick boxes are just so cute Linda! A really fun idea for Easter treats! Love your birthday card too! Thank you so much for playing along with our Dream Factory challenge. Rosi x
Dream Factory
DotMCC

Trina P. said...

Adorabke Easter boxes and pretty birthday card! Hope you’re feeling better.

Ellibelle said...

Such wonderful creations, love the little treat boxes they are so adorable!! And a beautiful card you sent to Hilary, I am sure she loved receiving it!

Thank you so much for playing along at "I spy with my little eye" where we're looking for something yellow.
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner