Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, April 2, 2024

March 2024 Card Chain Reveal

Hi everyone - welcome! I'm back to share the card I sent as part of the March 2024 Card Chain Challenge. Thirty-five people participated & I sent to Carol (Crafty-Stamper) in the UK this time. You can see the full reveal HERE if desired.


Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Pitch Black; Neenah white;
My Favorite Things Colorful Canvas
Stamps with Dies - Whimsy Stamps Hey Ostrich (dies HERE)
Dies - Waffle Flower Postage Collage
Lawn Fawn Lucky Clovers
Other - Copic Markers; Glossy Accents; Park Lane gems

We had the following options for creating our cards:

Color Palette Option
Sketch Option


Theme Options: On The Farm / Postal / Friendship

Product / Technique Options: Felt / String and Block Stamping

I went with the colors and sketch with a bit of postal in my inchie blocks. I still had some ostrich stamp offs sent from Arlene (A Bit of This & That) for our January Die Cut Diva Challenge using Whimsy Stamps. When I saw the sketch, I just knew I had to use one! Since I planned to color the beak orange, that became my color to add to black/white. The Copic shading on the ostrich body was done with Brick White so I'd stay in the white family. Thought some little 1" square postage stamps would be cute for the grid portion. I wanted to put something atop the squares. When I decided to use the shamrocks, I wasn't really thinking about St Patrick's Day needing green - oh well, orange is on the Irish flag, right? I heard the card brought a smile to Carol and her daughter - yay!

You can see what I did with a few other ostrich images HERE, if desired, plus I have used more that I'll share later... 

My dear friend Gundi (paperielle) sent her card to me this month, lucky me! I just love her interpretation of the sketch using masked circles and stamping! Isn't that floating fox the sweetest too?! Thanks to Gundi for this beauty and for the die cuts she sent!


Gundi also knows I enjoy postage stamps & she always puts a few on her envelopes. I trim them off and add them to my little book (made in a Tim Holtz class years ago).


Want to join the Chain? You just make & send one card, then receive one card! Go HERE by April 6th to sign up for the April chain.

That's it for today, friends - thanks for visiting!!


15 comments:

papierelle said...

I have to smile!!! Your card is so funny!!!

Ellibelle said...

What a fun take on the sketch, love how this turned out!!

Julia Aston said...

What a fun job with the sketch Linda! So pretty in the orange with the black squares instead of circles and that friendly ostrich sticking his neck into the screen! Love the various white clovers in the boxes too! Julia xx

crafty-stamper said...

Great fun card and love the fabulous ostrich-you already now I loved your card and my Daughter thought it was brilliant too.Thank you for the lucky clovers too.
Carol x

Gail said...

Linda, the colors and your card are so fun!
Love that ostrich!

Jeanne H said...

Love your card and that character with the orange beak. Well done.

Angelnorth said...

I’m not surprised it raised smiles, it certainly made me grin Linda! That ostrich is fabulous and the whole thing looks so cheerful with the bold colour blocks!

Jean said...

What a fabulously unique and fun card! So imaginative.

Rosemary said...

What a fun take on the sketch for the CCC, Linda!

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun and happy card, Linda! I'll bet it brought Carol a big smile!

Greta said...

What a fun card, Linda--made me chuckle! And you received a beauty from the talented Gundi!

HilaryJane said...

What a great take on the sketch. Love that ostrich. You have definitely brightened up my evening xx

Dotty Jo said...

I see that you went with an ostrich! How brilliant is your card - I love it, Jo x

Arlene said...

You still have some of those ostriches? It looks so cute here. I started looking at the beautiful blocks and then the ostrich found me. Perfect card for a pick-me-up.

Pia S said...

This card is so cute! I love how you changed the sketch to using squares and that you put them at different angles. And look at that sweet face, aah....