Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, April 26, 2024

Feel Better Soon!

Hi all - TGIF!! It's very gloomy here today with possibility of severe weather, though it'll probably stay further south. I'm popping in with a few cards made while sitting in front of the television. First up, a bouquet for a friend who broke her foot (a different friend than a previous post - we're accident prone, I guess):


Supplies: Paper - Neenah white; Paper Studio A2 card;
Betterpress Porcelain; scrap of black
Stamps - Spellbinders Celebrate Everything
(exclusive freebie in Issue #253 of Simply Cards and Papercraft)
BetterPress Plate w/Dies - Spellbinders You Are Everything Sentiments
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
Other - Copic Markers; foam tape

I just did some simple Copic coloring on the floral image which I'd stamped on Neenah. Die cut it with a stitched rectangle. Adhered to A2 card & added a pressed sentiment w/shadow. Since the stamp is newly used, I'll add to Darnell's April NBUS Challenge, plus this is my card for her IDEAS program (see Darnell's inspiration HERE) - A=Anything Goes this week.

Next, a couple of sympathy cards I needed for this week. A cousin passed on Tuesday and one of Dad's Arizona neighbors lost their son to longtime illness. I went with a  couple Spellbinders sets ( Essential Floral Reflection & Floral Reflection) that I used before HERE and really love. For these I added a layer to the label and really liked it that way. Another Betterpressed sentiment finished them off. 


Which one do you prefer? I made the one on the right first but liked the deeper colors of the second one on the left.

Thanks for stopping & have a crafty day!!



13 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Beautiful cards, Linda. Isn't it odd how accidents and such-like seem to happen in groups, Jo x

HilaryJane said...

I love all 3 of these cards. So bright and cheerful. My fav is the one with the dark green background. The only thing I do while watching television is fall asleep! xx

Jean said...

Your thoughtful cards for difficult occasions are lovely! In front of the tv on a stormy day sounds like a great idea!

Cathy said...

Gorgeous cards, your bouquet is beautifully coloured, Cathy x

Dawn T said...

Three stunners Linda. Love both of the sympathy cards. And your pretty bouquet on the first one would have cheered your friend too.

Darnell said...

I'm starting at the end, Linda. I'm sorry you had a need for two sympathy cards. They are beautiful and are sure to bring comfort to the families. I usually have a "lean" when there are two choices, but I actually like them both equally.

I'm pinning your sympathy cards, as well as your stunning bouquet of flowers to bring cheer to your hobbled friend! Your coloring is divine on this one! Thank you for playing and linking, my friend! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Darnell

Trina P. said...

Fabulous trio. You’ve coloured them beautifully.

Cat Craig said...

Lovely cards, Linda. The better press sentiments are beautiful. I do like the lighter background of the right.

Rosemary said...

Beautiful set of floral cards, Linda. The coloring on the first one is absolutely gorgeous!

papierelle said...

Such a magnificent bouquet of flowers helps a lot with recovery!!!

Pia S said...

You’ve colored the flower image so well, it’s a beautiful and classy design, well done. As for the sympathy cards, I like the softness of the lighter card. However, with the darker background you get a bit more of a folkloric feel, which I love.

Greta said...

Your bouquet is just gorgeous, Linda! Love the soft blue behind it! Lovely sympathy cards and think I like the green background the best. I'm sure they'll be appreciated.

Lisa Elton said...

These are all beautiful, Linda!!