Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, April 13, 2024

A Trio of Feminine Birthday Cards

Happy Saturday!! I'm back to share a trio of feminine cards for April birthdays. Four dear friends all have birthdays in the first couple weeks of the month; I shared a card for the earliest one HERE. First up today is one I made using some darling images from my friend Gundi (papierelle). I used another one of the images HERE.


Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio Pastels A2 card;
Betterpress Porcelain; Paper Studio Bright Vintage
Betterpress w/Dies - Spellbinders You Are Everything Sentiments
Other - Kitty images from Gundi - thanks again!
Copic Markers; foam tape; Betterpress Cosmic Sky ink

I colored the kitty images with Copics & fussy cut. Adhered a strip of texty vintage paper onto an A2 card, then popped the kitties up with foam tape. Added a pressed sentiment die cut w/coordinating die and given a shadow. My friend Avis loves cats and she really loved this card! I'll add it to the Anything Goes section of Seize the Birthday.

Next up, a couple quick and easy cards using bits leftover from other cards:


Supplies: Paper - Ms Sparkle A2 card; various scraps;
Neenah white; Betterpress Porcelain, Paper Studio Bright Vintage
Betterpress w/Dies - Spellbinders You Are Everything Sentiments
Dies - Memory Box Plumed Gypsy Butterfly
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set;
MFT Blueprints (retired); Hero Arts Nesting Infinity Ovals
& Jan 24 Premium MMH kit (sold out); flower center unk
Other - Foam tape; Cosmic Sky Betterpress ink


This final one has a strip of MFT's Colorful Canvas and a flower panel by unknown, along with a leftover Hero kit flower and Spellbinder's birdie from Sweet Birds on a Branch (retired at Spellbinders but still here as of this writing at Frantic Stamper).


That's it for today! Thanks for stopping & I hope you're having the fabulous weather we're getting (might reach 80F!)


10 comments:

HilaryJane said...

Lovely set of cards Linda and how wonderful that you have used those images from Gundi. Bet she will be impressed with what you have done with them. Lovely colouring xx

Jean said...

Three delightful birthday cards! You have been busy.

Lisa Elton said...

Your friends will all treasure their marvelous cards, Linda! Those cats are too much fun!

Nancy said...

Three so different and wonderful Birthday cards, Linda. Let me say that those kitties have stolen the show for me. Great colors and coloring. Thanks for playing along at Seize the Birthday!

Dawn T said...

what pretty cards Linda. Love them all

papierelle said...

You colored the motifs beautifully and the card is literally very sweet!!
I also really like the other two cards with their delicate colors!

Trina P. said...

Lovely trio. The first kitty card is adorable.

Cat Craig said...

fantastic birthday cards to add to your stash.

Anonymous said...

Linda, your three cards are fabulous, the first one with the three kitties is spectacular! The coloring is awesome and I love the layout design. Thank you fir joining us at STB!

Rosemary said...

A lovely set of feminine cards, Linda. The first one with the cute little kitties is so sweet!