Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, April 27, 2024

Craft Roulette 212

Hi all - I played along during the Craft Roulette LIVE last night while at my dad's. I had a package of new MFT that I had brought from home to "process" & pulled out a new grid die from their March release.


Supplies:  Paper - Paper Studio; Hero Arts; Neenah
Stamps - Hero Arts Live & Laugh (c2011 - retired)
Other - enamel dots (unk brand); foam tape
Hero Arts Sparkle Lacquer & orange ink

Craft Roulette host Mary Gunn FUNN had Nina Yang of Waffleflower as her guest. Sadly, I didn't have a single Waffleflower item with me to use - oh well. That wasn't a requirement - just would've been nice. Here's what the craft wheel spun for our four parameters (screen shot from my laptop):


During the discussion, it was thought just about any occasion could fit a co-worker. If you're retired like I am, you could just made something for a former co-worker. For colors, I googled best kite colors and found a site that touted bright colors of red, orange, yellow, and blue so that's what I used. For my April element, I used two - April 4th is National Moment of Laughter Day so I used "laugh" in my sentiment and April's flower is daisy so I added die cut daisies. For the Random element I covered my daisies with sparkle lacquer. 

After die cutting the MFT cover-up, I backed it with a scrap of ancient Hero Arts layering paper that I've been hoarding. Added to an A2 card. Stamped the sentiments in orange ink on Neenah cardstock and fussy cut. Popped them into the windows with foam tape. Die cut the daisies and covered in sparkle lacquer which dries quickly. Added to the center strip and adhered some enamel dots for centers - done!

I was able to pop outside for a quick photo in natural light, even though it was getting dark. Didn't bother to take a better photo today - I'm getting lazy - lol. If I'm watching a LIVE, I like to play along and try to finish my card - kinda reminds me of the old Hero Arts 90 minute Scrambles we used to do!

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty weekend!!

8 comments:

HilaryJane said...

Well done for playing along. I can never do that. I can't think quickly enough and get distracted. You did a great job, well done xx

Trina P. said...

So impressed at how you made your limited supplies work for the parameters. Very pretty card.

Cat Craig said...

Those scrambles were such fun.

Jean said...

Great job with the roulette! I'm impressed with your ability to craft away from home and under pressure!

Rosemary said...

Love your take on the parameters for the challenge, Linda. This card will definitely brighten up anyone's day!

Dawn T said...

Well done on getting the card done during the live... It takes me a while to think of what to do. Just love this bright and cheery card. Love the colours and the daisies are delightful.

Pia S said...

I would have struggled with these combinations but you a made it look so simple, which is even more amazing as you had limited supplies to play with. And the outcome is beautiful!!

Greta said...

Love your pretty daisies!