Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, April 14, 2024

Craft Roulette Episode 210

Happy Sunday! Friday night I watched my first LIVE at Craft Roulette - episode 210 (replay here) with Mary Gunn FUNN. Her guest was Carrie Rhoades who does some designs for Trinity and for Spellbinders. I should say I watched part and listened during other parts while I crafted along... I submitted a photo during the LIVE but took a better one in natural light yesterday. Here's the better photo:


Supplies: Paper - Neenah White;
Bo Bunny Blessed; many scraps
Dies - Poppystamps Fern and Daisy Pop Up Easel Set;
Spellbinders Floral Reflection (blue flowers) & 
Fancy Edged Ovals (retired)
Other - printed sentiment (brand ??); various gems

At Craft Roulette they spin the wheel four times for the must-include parameters. I photographed my computer screen to capture them during the LIVE.




The host and guest create their card based on the parameters during the LIVE. Players can submit during the LIVE but have until Sunday night. There's a lot of banter between the guest and host while they're crafting together online; it's fast & fun and prizes can be won randomly from submissions.

I was visiting my dad but I keep a stash of basic supplies at his house (my "satellite studio"), plus I brought a few die sets with me. When the Project came up "Include Action" & the discussion mentioned pop-up cards, I was ready with a Poppystamps set. For Colors, I found this website with all sorts of fabulous Northern Lights photos. I used white, green, pink, blue, purple & yellow for my colors. For Blackboard, I found a chalkboard looking patterned paper with loads of text like a teacher might write on a board. Mary also mentioned using a white on black sentiment strip during the discussion so that worked for me too. For the Random element oval, I was lucky because the pop-up die set I used includes an oval for the center! Plus I had a sweet bitty pierced scalloped oval die that I used to cut a stack of diecuts for the stopper.

Here are a couple other views of this pop-up that I also took in a better light:



If interested, I made another version of this card last year HERE & in 2021 I skipped the pop-up panel and made an A2 shaker card HERE. I'll be sending this card to a chorus friend. Remember I mentioned one who broke her leg? Well, another one broke her ankle! No, we're not normally so accident prone but when you have a large group, things are bound to happen. Anyway, Jen is out until after our upcoming Regional contest which is a shame! Broken Leg Bonnie has healed enough to go home from rehab - unbelievable how lucky she is to recover her independence so quickly!! If you remember, my mom died 2 years ago after breaking her leg (they couldn't do surgery & she just faded away in less than four months).

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!!

10 comments:

Jean said...

That sounds like a fun crafting event and your card is absolutely beautiful!

It's so thoughtful for you to send cards to your recuperating chorus friends!

Lisa Elton said...

You've done a great job with this set, Linda! Your card is delightful!

Dawn T said...

well done with your "satellite studio" supplies Linda. Love how you incorporated all the parameters. I'm back in civilisation - but been hit with a second bout of gastro in a week! Lying in bed at midday catching up with blog posts!

papierelle said...

I'm always amazed at what great cards you create with the cutting dies. This is again beautiful and a great eye-catcher with the ability to set it up.

Trina P. said...

Craft Roulette is completely your speed. You nailed it… fabulous card!

Cat Craig said...

Lovely easel card. And it looks so pretty open with that bit of white space near the bottom.

Darnell said...

It really is thought-provoking and sometimes frustrating to watch how the process of aging and recovery (or non-recovery) from injuries is so different for different people. I'm sorry your mom got the short end of the stick as we used to say, but happy Bonnie was fortunate to recover. I know that your cards bring great cheer to all who receive them, Linda!

This Roulette idea and video play sounds challenging and fun and how delightful that you had what you needed to make it all work in your satellite studio! It's a stunner! Hugs, Darnell

Dotty Jo said...

How lovely! I love how the green frames everything, Jo x

Rosemary said...

What a fun and pretty take on the crafty parameters from the challenge, Linda!

Greta said...

Happy your friend recovered so well. I know your other friend will appreciate this beautiful pop-up card!