Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, April 28, 2024

Pair of Flower Cards

Happy Sunday - hope you haven't been affected by the horrible spring storms this weekend! My heart goes out to all those suffering from the aftermath! We got some rain and wind but that's it. Perfect time to stay in and craft.

First up, a card for this week's Just Us Girls Challenge #724 to use a stencil.


Supplies: Paper - Neenah white; DCWV pastels;
Michael's Recollections A2 card
Stencil - My Favorite Things Smart Mask Diagonal HighLow Strip
Stamps - Hero Arts Cupcakes (c2008) & Watercolor Petals (c2010) both retired
Other - Hero Arts heart gem; Hero Arts & Memento inks

MFT recently offered one of their new High/Low Diagonal stencils with a purchase. I jumped at the chance to try one. Hopefully you can see the diagonal white space where I stamped the sentiment! I went with very soft colors, fading off the green a lot. Didn't have any stencil tape at Dad's so I was trying to hold it down - that bottom part was tricky w/out tape.

I stamped a retired HA wildflower, then die cut the panel with a stitched rectangle. Matted with another stitched rectangle & added to an A2 card. Found a heart gem in the stash at the satellite studio and thought it would work for the flower center - done!

Next, I made a card for my neighbors' anniversary using a Frantic Stamper die set that I hadn't used until now. Such a fun one to work with and I thought the stem portion would work with many other brands' flowers.


Supplies: Paper - Ms Sparkle A2 card; Neenah white;
Poptone Spearmint; Paper Studio Holiday; scrap of pink
Dies - Spellbinders Fancy Edged Ovals (retired);
Frantic Stamper Bouquet Builder
Betterpress w/Die - Spellbinders You Are Everything Sentiments
Other - various gems; Copic Markers;
Hero Arts Sparkle Lacquer; Betterpress Black ink

I die cut all the flowers (single die) in white and colored with Copics. Die cut the stem piece in spearmint cardstock and adhered to green oval. Adhered to an A2 card. Arranged flowers on the stems and added gems where needed. Die cut the bow from a pink scrap & added a pearl for the knot. The baby's breath has sparkle lacquer over the blossoms. A pressed sentiment finished the card. Since the bouquet die set got first play here, I'll add this card to Darnell's April NBUS Challenge. This card also fits at Tic Tac Toe Challenge #246 - I went with the diagonal Flowers-Free-Die Cut.

That's it for today - thanks for stopping & happy crafting!




9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a sweet way to send birthday wishes! I like your CAS design. Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Us Girls, Linda. Love the anniversary card you made for your neighbors too, it's so cheerful!

Greta said...

Love the sweet wildflower card and such a beautiful bouquet for the anniversary card!

Angelnorth said...

Very different but somehow both “you”, two fabulous cards Linda! The heart gem was an inspired flower centre and the anniversary bunch looks so sweet.

Bobby said...

You stenciled a wonderful background for your lovely heart-centered flower, Linda. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls. I can see how that stem would accept other blooms but it looks beautiful just the way you created it.

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous cards Linda. I love them both.

Cat Craig said...

I used to love flower cards, then critters became my obsession...but I think I am back to the blooms again. These are fabulously lovely cards.

Jean said...

Beautiful floral cards. It's fun to see two completely different approaches with the floral theme.

papierelle said...

I like the CAS design !!

Rosemary said...

Lovely set of floral cards, Linda. Especially like the clean and simple design of the first card.