Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, April 20, 2024

Pair of Birthday Cards

Hi all - I'm back with a pair of birthday cards made yesterday. First up - card # 3 (and final) for the current Day of the Month Card Club #62 National Look Alike Day (two of something):



Supplies: Paper - Neenah white & black;
Ms Sparkle pastel A2 card
Stamps - Sentimentally Your Fabulous Florals (a magazine
freebie with Creative Stamping Issue 130)
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
Memory Box Wishing You (exclusive for Simple Pleasures)
Other - Copic Markers; Memento Tuxedo Black ink;
happy sentiment strip from stash (maybe SSS?);
black & white gel pens; foam tape

Was shopping at JoAnn yesterday and picked up a UK magazine with some freebie stamps. One was the corner flower arrangement so I stamped it in two corners, inspired by Gundi's gorgeous card HERE. Colored both images as similarly as possible and die cut with a stitched rectangle. Adhered to a black mat, then a pastel A2 card and added a sentiment. The "birthday" was the other 1/2 of the die cut sentiment used on my brother's bday card - used the "happy" there.

Since the magazine freebie stamp is new, I'll add this card to Darnell's April NBUS Challenge too.

Once again I was visiting my dad with access to limited supplies but I played along during last night's LIVE of Craft Roulette with Mary Gunn FUNN & this week's guest Kelly Taylor (see the replay of Episode #211 HERE). Here's the card I made during the LIVE:


Supplies: Paper - Ms Sparkle sand & aqua; Neenah white
Stamps - Hero Arts Typewriter Notes (c2013 - retired) &
same magazine freebie as above (coffee rings)
Ribbon - May Arts
Other - Hero Arts & Memento inks; Copic Markers


The roulette wheel spun the following (screen shot during LIVE):



I remembered a box of old clear stamps in the satelitte studio. Found a typewriter to use for the element Mechanical. A website with Summer Color Palettes gave me some color ideas (I went beachy with blues & sand). During the discussion, Good Tidings was thought to include birthday, congrats, etc so I went birthday. For Tie Closed, I went literal and made a gatefold card with a ribbon to tie it closed. The typewriter is glued to one side only so that helps to close the gate too. While I submitted during the LIVE, I took a better photo today for this post.

Made the gatefold with the sand colored paper, then added some panels of aqua. Stamped the aqua panels with the coffee rings and typewriter gibberish (right side got a bit goopey, oh well - handmade, right?!). Stamped the typewriter on Neenah, colored with Copics & fussy cut. Assembled card and tied with ribbon - done! This would work for a masculine card too if I changed the ribbon to twine.

That's it for today - hope you're having a crafty weekend!



5 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Great job with the limited supplies. Love the corner flower duo design. YOur second card hits the elements quite nicely.

Lisa Elton said...

Those opposing floral bouquets are beautiful! Love the bright happy colors you've given them. Great job with the second card, the typewriter is cute!

papierelle said...

You have a very special perspective on our challenge topic and I'm also thrilled with this card!!! Gundi

Rosemary said...

Wonderful set of birthday cards, Linda! Love the bold, bright colors on the first card. The second card is a perfect neutral birthday card.

Dawn T said...

Totally missed this post Linda, but saw your card on the CR live today. Great take on the parameters!