Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, April 11, 2024

Floral Reflection

Hi everyone - I'm nearly back to normal after my hideous virus & luckily, my dad stayed healthy! Since I missed out on last week's IDEAS with Darnell (djkardkreations), I wanted to try to get something done for this week's theme - Dies/Die Cuts. Couldn't do it Monday to tie in to Darnell's fabulous inspiration but here's my card with loads of die cuts:


Supplies: Paper - Ms Sparkle A2 card; 
Anchor Paper (marbled green); lots of scraps
Stamps - Hero Arts Envelope Liner Background (c2012 retired)
Betterpress - Spellbinders Always and Forever Sentiment Strips
Other - Paper Studio and Hero Arts gems; foam tape; 
Cosmic Sky Betterpress ink; Mermaid Lagoon DOI

I stamped the A2 card with the background using Mermaid Lagoon ink. Die cut three of the largest labels and stacked for dimension, then added to the card. Die cut two of the leafy bases & all the flower bits. Assembled all pieces and added to the label. Die cut a couple small butterflies from the Poppystamps set and added them to the card. Popped a Betterpressed sentiment from the stash onto the center and added gems to some of the flowers and the butterflies - done!

Since my reflection piece has two panels, this card fits perfectly at the current Day of the Month Card Club Challenge National Look Alike Day. And the Floral Reflection die set is getting first play here so I'll add the card to Darnell's April NBUS Challenge.

Thanks for visiting and have a crafty day!!




11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Glad you're feeling better, Linda! Love this pretty floral card. The mix of colors is wonderful and I like the wee butterflies!

papierelle said...

I'm thrilled how you implemented the theme. It's a completely different way, but it fits perfectly and the card looks beautiful. Thank you for playing with DotMCC again and I'm glad you're feeling better again. Gundi x

Dotty Jo said...

What a beauty! I do love my visits to your blog, Linda, Jo x

Jean said...

This is stunning - wonderful color choices for your blooms!

Angelnorth said...

Oooh, a riot of meadow flowers — this is lovely Linda! The deep green background sets it off beautifully.

Rosemary said...

Beautiful card, Linda. Love your interpretation of the theme from Day of the Month challenge. So sorry you got some kind of crud, but glad you are feeling better.

HilaryJane said...

I nearly missed this one. I am so glad I didn't because it is simply stunning. I am so glad you are better and that your dad escaped it. That was a result anyway xx

Rosmarie said...

I am totally thrilled how brilliantly you have realized our theme! The slightly oriental look that the label suggests complements the die-cut flower arrangement perfectly. Really gorgeous!! Thank you so much for playing along with our DotMCC challenge. Glad that you are feeling better again! Rosi x
Dream Factory
DotMCC

Dawn T said...

stunning Linda. You really are a Die Cut Diva - this is amazing.

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful florals.

Izzy Scrap said...

WOW ! This is gorgeous Linda ! What a wonderful take on Darnell's IDEAS inspiration and on our challenge. This flower die cuts combination is stunning. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing at DotMCC.