Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, April 29, 2024

S is for Stencil and So Sorry!

Happy Monday everyone! This year, April has 5 Mondays so the S in Darnell's IDEAS program comes into play - S is for Stencil. Darnell posted her inspiration yesterday along with her Group of Seven post, a cool technique with a stencil and Elegant Writers. My card has more pedestrian stenciling - just used a coordinating stencil on a stamped image:


Supplies: Paper - Neenah White; Poptone Black;
Paper Studio A2 Card
Stamp/Stencil/Die/Embossing Bundle - Altenew Dynamic Blossoms
Betterpress Plate w/Die - Spellbinders You Are Everything Sentiments
Die - Poppystamps Double Stitch Scalloped Rectangle Frames (retired)
Other - Copic Markers; foam tape; Hero Arts and Memento inks

Back in November I bought a bunch of Altenew so I had options when making my December Die Cut Diva cards. The wonderful Dynamic Blossoms set didn't get used then but I thought it would make a great first outing for IDEAS & for Darnell's April NBUS Challenge. It also fits at Just Us Girls Challenge #724 to use a stencil & at Tic Tac Toe Challenge #246. I went with the diagonal Flowers-Free-Die Cut.

I stamped the flower image and used the coordinating stencils to ink the base layer. Next, there are detail stamps to add dimension so I stamped the flower ones. I didn't really analyze the whole stamp set; I think there are some detail stamps for the leaves too, oh well. Added some Copic shading then glued the panel behind a stack of scalloped frames. Adhered to an A2 card & popped on a pressed sentiment - done!

Here's a photo of the image stamp with the stencils and inks I used:


I talked about my accident prone friends, well - I no more than finished this card & sister Tami texted me that she'd fallen while out walking. Got a huge cut on her forehead that the Mayo dr glued shut (then steri-striped). She says she feels like Bride of Frankenstein - ugh! Anyway, now I had a place for this card - I had only used the So Sorry sentiment because I liked the size. Really mean it now!!

That's it for today. I'm off to a funeral, taking one of the cards I made last week. Sad occasion but always good to visit my hometown and see some relatives.

Thanks for stopping! I'm back tomorrow with an end-of-the-month Diva post.





11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I've never seen this stencil set, it's lovely! Wonderful card, Linda!

HilaryJane said...

This is lovely. Love the bold frame with the delicate flowers. Sorry to hear about another accident prone friend. Hope it isn't catching xx

Jean said...

A lovely card to cheer up a friend! Great ink choices.

Lisa Elton said...

Oops... forgot to thank you for adding your pretty card to the Just Us Girls gallery!

Darnell said...

What a pretty floral image and stencil set! I love your coloring, Linda and the way you used the sediment and frame! So sorry you had a need for the card right away for your poor sister, but I'm glad she didn't break anything. Thank you for playing with your stencils with me📌 and for linking often to NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous Linda. Lovely card.

papierelle said...

Just beautiful and the recipient will enjoy the card.

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully put together Linda.

Greta said...

Really like that floral image and the colors you used, Linda! Hope your sister heals up quickly.

Rosemary said...

Sympathy/get well cards can be so hard to make, but you made it look easy with this gorgeous card, Linda!

Trina P. said...

A lovely sympathy card. Beautiful stencilling.