Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Last Day for our Die Cut Diva Spring Challenge

Welcome everyone - I'm part of a last-day-of-the-month Diva post today. We have some last minute inspiration for our April Die Cut Diva Challenge - Make a Spring Card

RAM Stamps is our fabulous sponsor this month - yay! Rachelle Anne Miller designs such adorable images - so fun to color!! 

First, here's the card I shared on the Divas post:


Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio pastel A2 card; Neenah white;
Michael's yellow & lilac
Digi Stamp - RAM Stamps Friendship Mouse
Dies - Kat Scrappiness Never Ending Square Dies
Embossing Folder - Spellbinders 3D Stylized Floral (3EOM-Aug23)
Other - Creative Expressions Wordies Hello Spring;
Copic Markers; foam tape



RAM Stamps is offering a prize of a $10 gift certificate for our 
random winner drawn from eligible April entries.

The sweet mouse digi (thanks Arlene for printing it!) was colored with Copics, die cut with a square and matted with another square. I decided to layer it onto an embossed panel with foam tape and adhered to an A2 card with a trio of preprinted Spring sentiment strips. This is the first use of the floral embossing folder so I'll add my card to Darnell's April NBUS Challenge. If you missed it, I used a larger print of the mouse image HERE.

Next, a bonus using a smaller print of the mouse (thanks again Arlene):


Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio A2 card; Neenah white;
Anchor Paper marbled green; DCWV pastels; scraps
Digi Stamp - RAM Stamps Friendship Mouse
Stamps - Hero Arts Raindrops (retired)
Dies - Spellbinders Be Bold Blooms;
Other - Creative Expressions Wordies Hello Spring;
Copic Markers

After coloring the mouse image, I layered it atop a couple stitched rectangles. Stamped the A2 card with a raindrops background and added a striped strip. Adhered the rectangles & added some die cut flowers and a printed sentiment.

Finally, here's another version of the sweet Storytime image which Arlene also printed for me (see my first version at the same post as the larger mouse image):


Supplies: Paper - Recollections card; 
DCWV pastel cardstock; 
Digi Stamp - RAM Stamps Storytime
Dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs Stitched Rectangles (retired);
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set;
Other - Creative Expressions Wordies Hello Spring;
Copic Markers; foam tape

Arlene had cut the printed image with a stitched rectangle. I colored it with Copics and matted onto a striped dot stitched rectangle, then added to an A2 card. Popped a sentiment strip onto it with foam tape and added some die cut flowers. I got a nice surprise last week with a prize from my friend Gundi (papierelle) that I won during their recent Day of the Month Card Club 5th birthday celebration. Here's what she sent - thanks again, Gundi!! The bitty flowers on the card above were cut using a die in the Easter Egg set - so fun!! And I love Gundi's panda card (I made three for that challenge at DotMCC)!


We hope to see you in the April Diva gallery with your Spring creation! Just remember to include a die cut or use an embossing folder in your design &, if it's not obvious, share why your project evokes Spring. You have until 9pm Pacific Time today to upload your creation.

That's it, friends. Thanks for stopping & happy crafting!!



7 comments:

papierelle said...

This is a very cute picture and reminds us that the rain is important in spring. And if you have such a nice umbrella, a small rain shower isn't a problem.
I hope you enjoy your prize and I'm looking forward to seeing what you create with it.
Have you got my e-mail?

HilaryJane said...

Three lovely spring card, perfect for cheering us all up. Our spring weather has been very poor so far, but it seems that it is finally warming up a little, but the sun isn't out. Congrats on winning that wonderful prize xx

Cat Craig said...

Lovely set of three cards, Linda. So sweetly springlike.

Jean said...

Adorable images that you have expertly colored and nicely showcased with your other product choices.

Greta said...

What a great prize you won! Beautiful coloring on all 3 adorable cards!

Rosemary said...

Adorable set of cards, Linda! It is fun seeing the sweet images you used in the different sizes.

Trina P. said...

Your trio of RAM cards are adorable. Beautifully coloured and designed.