Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, May 2, 2024

April 2024 Card Chain Reveal

Hi all - it's the 2nd so that means another Card Chain reveal. In April, thirty-two people participated; you can see the full reveal HERE. My card went to dear Imke (My Crafty Place) in Germany:

Supplies: Paper - Anchor Paper marbled green; lots of scraps;
Paper Studio Holiday; Spellbinders Betterpress Porcelain
Spellbinders Floral Reflection (white flowers) & 
Betterpress with die - Spellbinders Always and Forever Sentiment Strips
Other - white gel pen; Betterpress Cosmic Sky ink

We had the following options in creating our April cards:

Color Palette Option

Sketch Option


Theme Options: Spring / Food and drink / Friendship

Product / Technique Options:  Something You Were Given / Pop Up

I used a couple of the colors but wasn't feeling the silver. My brain just couldn't wrap itself around the sketch this time. So, I went with the theme of friendship & technique of Pop Up. I have loads of pop up die sets & since I'd been sick for quite awhile in late March/early April, I was under a time crunch to get this card made and out. Luckily I'd recovered and was able to put this pop-up card together quickly! Basic die cutting and I had a Betterpressed sentiment on hand. If it looks familiar, this card was made before one I did for a Craft Roulette episode & posted HERE. Just happened to have the die set handy and used it for CR but I prefer this CCC version. 

The first photo was of the card popped up; here are a couple other views:



I received this darling card from Joanne (Slices of Life) in Connecticut - love her use of the colors!


That's it for today, friends! If you'd like to join in the May Card Chain (make one card, receive one card), you can still sign up HERE by May 6th.


13 comments:

papierelle said...

The effect of this cutting die is really incredibly beautiful and everything looks so wonderfully three-dimensional!! I'm excited!!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful Spring card and love all the beautiful die-cuts too-great card from Joanne too.
Carol x

HilaryJane said...

What a beautiful card Linda and the special pop up element makes it even more special. I love it. I struggled with the sketch this month too xx

Jean said...

Gorgeous colors and texture! And it's fun to hear about your thinking process when it comes to how your approached the challenge!

Lisa Elton said...

You've done a marvelous job with this pop up set, Linda, your card is fantastic! I hope you're feeling 100% better!

Gail said...

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better Linda!
Your easel card is wonderful!
Colors are great!

Dawn T said...

what a stunner Linda. Love it,

Dotty Jo said...

Always LOVE your cards, Linda. Another beauty! Thanks for being a lovely link in our chain again, always good to have your join the fun, Jo x

Greta said...

I don't do fancy folds or pop-ups, but always enjoy seeing the ones people make. Yours is really beautiful with the pretty frame, butterflies and flowers! What a cute coffee card you received!

Imke said...

Thanks for this lovely easel card, Linda !

Hugs, imke

Arlene said...

Your colors are bold and perfect. A beauty, for sure. So glad you're part of the Card Chain Challenge.

Rosemary said...

Goregous card for the CCC, Linda!

Julia Aston said...

I don't know how I missed commenting on your beautiful easel card Linda! what a beautiful die cut frame of green foliage and the colorful mix of die cut flowers and butterflies over it! So sorry to hear you were not feeling well for so long and glad to hear you are better! So many weird things going around the past few years! Julia xx